I really need help

edwarde21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
ok so I'm gonna get straight to the point so I had a project coming up a barber shop owner contacted me do a photoshoot for a gift for his dad's birthday so the idea he has is taking a picture of him and his dad Infront of his Barber shop but that's not the hard part the hard part is he also wants me to take the picture from the middle of the street at night because he wants to include the cars light trails in the picture so it has to be a long exposure I done both type of shoots but not put together in one picture and to top it off he wants it black and white I'm currently working with a Nikon d810 with the 24-120mm f4 and a 50mm 1.4g so any advise questions please I would really appreciate it I'm including a picture of the shop that I took in the middle of the stree so you guys could see what I'm working with
image.jpg

Four out of five doctors agree: Your SHIFT and punctuation keys are broken.

The light trails will obscure the figures if you are at tripod height.
I suggest that you might consider getting as high as you can , perhaps on top of a van or rv.
Then make several exposures of the two of then, then without moving the tripod make some long exposures for the light trails.
Then merge the two best exposures.

The light trails will obscure the figures if you are at tripod height.
I suggest that you might consider getting as high as you can , perhaps on top of a van or rv.
Then make several exposures of the two of then, then without moving the tripod make some long exposures for the light trails.
Then merge the two best exposures.

Thank you so much that's what I was thinking on doing and get the picture at a angle what lens you think would work best and merging the picture I could do that in Lightroom correct? It would be as I'm doing a HDR merge?

I have no idea what focal length would be best because I can't see the scene and how much you want to take in.

This would be better done in layers in PS.

Why the middle of the street?
Why not on the other sidewalk, (or on top of a parked vehicle or ladder [not as stable]), then zoom and/or crop it as they want.
Why not use punctuation too ?

I think that you need to practice this in advance.
Everything but the people posing in front.

The light trails I done many times and I don't find it difficult. The only thing is like I said find the way to position both of the in the frame and not having them be cut off by the light trails. Thank you everyone for you guys amazing help. Never really worked in Photoshop that much but working with layouts shouldn't be hard. Right?

..... Never really worked in Photoshop that much but working with layouts shouldn't be hard. Right?

That might be difficult since Photoshop has no layouts. Just layers.

If you have any trouble with the PS end of it, I'm certain lots of people would be willing to help.

The important thing to remember, it occurs to me, that the point of view be maintained.
That will make merging the two exposures easier and perspective differences won't make the editing a problem.
If you don't shoot raw, this is the time to start.

Most reactions

Back