I shoot JPEG and I refuse to post process my images - Can I still be successful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did not, I do some graphic design as well and needed an upgrade from GIMP...

Illustrator was choice for graphic design last I knew...But what do I know, I only work for a multi-million dollar printing company and talk to the graphic artists on a day to day basis.

I still shoot a lot with my film camera. Mostly cause it has been my hobby, and I like to capture the image and see it in print. I shoot in manual mode, and try to be creative with my light source, or my compositions.
My other hobby is my digital camera, and granted it is only a Canon XT with a kit lens, and Im by no means a pro like everyone here. But I like to capture my digital images with the intent to manipulate them in photoshop, either by altering, masking, or whatever I want to do with my image. We have that technology available to us, so why can we not use it for whatever we wish. :er:

I want to see his perfect work. I'll put money on it that it's anything but.

And the mentality of "If I don't see it happening, then it isn't happening", is quite scary.

Well, as long is an individual is happy with what their doing, regardless of the quality, then they can go about their blissfully ignorant existence doing what ever they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect me.

Photographers like that generally help me to look better though, so thanks.

What 'their' doing and 'blissfully ignorant' go together like hand and glove...

Hay tyepoe Nazi, Aihm et werk en doan awlwais haev teh tyeme tou bodder tyepeeing slewoughly ohr prewfph reedeng. Goh troll sum udder threahdes.

I understand where Student is coming from, but if he wants an un edited version of the shot he needs to shoot in RAW, otherwise the camera is applying a bunch of editing for him.

I find it funny that guys like this never seem to post up their work, why is that?

I know how to use photoshop and if I wanted I could make my models look perfect and adjust all the colour and all that but I don't. I want to shoot JPEG and I want to produce natural images with natural landscapes, natural people in order to make all my pictures 100% natural.

By natural, do you mean the people are not cosmetically enhanced, the landscapes are not digitally altered to remove distractions and ugliness?

Can one be successful and produce beautiful images without post processing? Discuss...

What do you regard as post-processing? Are you referring more to digital manipulation of picture elements rather than basic adjustments of brightness/lightness, color etc?

Most of these parameters are chosen within the camera menus pre-shot and give the JPEG its look. If you're happy with the results ...success!

I understand where Student is coming from,

Really? You have been to the magical Troll land and made it back alive? Sweet!

I understand where you are coming from too. a bitter, little sole who feels the need to belittle others make themselves feel validated......sad

I know how to use photoshop and if I wanted I could make my models look perfect and adjust all the colour and all that but I don't. I want to shoot JPEG and I want to produce natural images with natural landscapes, natural people in order to make all my pictures 100% natural.

I know how to drive faster than everyone else in formula 1, but I just want to drive my car to and from work following the speed limit and beeing one out of several million people doing exactly the same. Can I be more of a liar? Oh, I mean: success?

People really should spend more time developing their own skill, and less time envying others. Anyone who could make their model look perfect with photoshop would do just that. Anyone who can't, and wish they could, make threads like this instead.

I understand where Student is coming from,

Really? You have been to the magical Troll land and made it back alive? Sweet!

I understand where you are coming from too. a bitter, little sole who feels the need to belittle others make themselves feel validated......sad

:thumbup:

But bitter is more bitter than I am, really. And you forgot to throw in there a sense of humour, which seems to be lacking around these parts.

And watch that pot calling the kettle black thing there bud, you are practicing your own words there! :mrgreen:

:thumbup:

But bitter is more bitter than I am, really. And you forgot to throw in there a sense of humour, which seems to be lacking around these parts.

And watch that pot calling the kettle black thing there bud, you are practicing your own words there! :mrgreen:

I think there's a study about the amount of smileys, and random thumbs up you need per post for people to get the hint that you're not completely serious.

I fail to use them enough, I know that...but there is a balance needed. For now, you're just a dick though. And I won't put smilies in this post so you can get offended.

I figure 2 would be enough. 1 might make someone think I am serious, 2 would be enough to put the point accross without having to spam smileys.

I don't think I've seen a post on TPF or any internet forum for the last few years that actually offended me. :lol:

Hopefully, my dickyness will wear off soon, but until then I'll let ya get back to your multimillion dollar company ;)

Cool! Do you have Canadian clients?

I used to work for a printing company, although it was more of printing press place, magazines, presses... I quit about 10 years ago, but they are still going strong (2nd biggest in Canada) and turns out, they are actually behind blurb books (to some degree, and according to friends still working there) :)

...and #2 :drool:

Cool! Do you have Canadian clients?

I used to work for a printing company, although it was more of printing press place, magazines, presses... I quit about 10 years ago, but they are still going strong (2nd biggest in Canada) and turns out, they are actually behind blurb books (to some degree, and according to friends still working there) :)

...and #2 :drool:

Not too many, we did redo some signage at a raceway in Toronto. Can't remember the name of it right off hand, but fairly large project. Only thing I can think of.

Edit: found it, Honda Indy Toronto

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back