I shot my friend (C&C)

redtippmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I just got my small back porch converted into a studio! So I had a quick 15min. session and got off about 15 good shots. Here is my fav. :D

4975111793_1e92d8e566_b.jpg

Simple setup:
Alien Bee 800- 1/4power shot through a shoot through umbrella and then into a medium Lastolite skylite.

I don't care that you cut off his left arm, but why did you cut off the mouthpiece?!

Oh I did not know that there were rules. So I will explain; He is a rather large fellow and the studio is small. I felt like the tighter crop gave the photo more intimacy. Also, it is more about him and his face. The sax was just part of the environment.

Oh I did not know that there were rules. So I will explain; He is a rather large fellow and the studio is small. I felt like the tighter crop gave the photo more intimacy. Also, it is more about him and his face. The sax was just part of the environment.

No No No.....=) The sax is very much part of the story of the picture. He is your friend......he plays the sax.
If the sax is cutout it is an unfinished story. :thumbup::D

With that logic: He is just starting to play the sax (relatively) , and knows how to play his instrument very well. But his career as a musician is not complete and the story has not finished, but rather, it just began.

And the instrument is nothing without the musician.

No No No.....=) The sax is very much part of the story of the picture. He is your friend......he plays the sax.
If the sax is cutout it is an unfinished story. :thumbup::D

Bingo. The sax is either just as important as him, or should be nixed from the picture completely.

I am not bothered by cutting some stuff off...this is a rather strong portrait IMHO; however, I am rather distracted by his right eye being in the dark

Most reactions

Back