I think hell froze over.

Welcome to the dark side bwahahaha!!!!

Sent from iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro 3

Now we need to change your name to Digilimr :fangs:

well. Pretty good. The second one I am a larger fan of. Course now you crossed that line into evilness and you are going to start getting digital lazy.

not so bad, you are good one for these work

Hmmm... Leonore, congratulations on picking up another brush to add to your artistic quiver. Same soul-rending angst when an oil painter discovers pastels. And yet, it's the same eye, same grey matter, same sensibilities... just a different medium. You are not your tools. You are Leonore, graver of images on negatives, and now, on digital sensors. I can see you combining the two (or three or four...) mediums. My wife (the real artist in the family) takes some of my printed images, cuts them up, hand-colours them (paint or pencil or pastel), adds them to her other work... Adds some other materials... and it all works. Just needs the right brain assemblying the elements. Yah. You'll do just fine.

Paul, you are always so encouraging and thoughtful! Thanks for this :586:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday wherein, the host and guest were talking about change. Everyone fights change and hates it but, in reality, change can be great and positive! Maybe the slippery slope of film to digital will change you over. :clap:

I like your photos btw, they look good. ;)

Thanks, shefjr! To be fair, I have no problem with change. I don't cling to known quantities to my detriment. If I believe that change will benefit me, then let's go for it. Having said that, some have called me anti-technology because I tend to be one of the last on the block to get fancy gadgets. This is not because I oppose them. It's because it takes me a while to decide that it will bring value to my life. I never said I'd never shoot digital, and I do actually have a digital camera (just not a DSLR). I figured there would come a time when I would decide that having a good DSLR would contribute to my photography and don't have a problem with that. At the moment, I simply can't afford one.

As for replacing film...nope. THAT isn't going to happen :)

I like to keep you folks on your toes :1398:

If you miss film later you can find one of those formulas for processing that imitates the look of a particular film, and even add some grain while you're at it ...

Actually, I am told that the camera was set to apply a slide film filter so I suppose I was already doing that!
But really, shooting digital doesn't mean I stop shooting film, so if I want grain, I'll just push some Tri-X to 1200 and call it a day ;)

I'm not a DSLR virgin anymore.
glad the experience wasn't painful for you...
Although, have to mention, you look kind of different now...

;)

:clap:

Is it that obvious?? Do I walk funny now??

:biglaugh:

OMG

Those are better pictures than anything I've ever taken.

that's it .. gonna sell the entire lot and move to film.

oh wait, I did that once before. I stunk at film too. Nevermind.

You are sweet! :1247: (and lying about stinking!)

15 pics today, Lightroom tomorrow, Photoshop the day after, Crop Vs Full Frame sensors research is on it's way soon.

Enjoy

Let's not get crazy now. I know the first taste is free and all, but gateway drugs are a myth. So I took a few tokes - doesn't mean next I'll be shooting up heroin!

Welcome to the dark side bwahahaha!!!!

You assume I only now got to the dark side? :newangel:

Oh wait, you were talking about digital...

Now we need to change your name to Digilimr :fangs:

I already have my selfie avatar all set!
Lemur_self-portrait.jpg

well. Pretty good. The second one I am a larger fan of. Course now you crossed that line into evilness and you are going to start getting digital lazy.

Thanks, bri. I doubt I'll be getting too digital lazy. Not any time soon, anyway. Let's not forget that it wasn't my camera. I still don't have a DSLR of my own and I imagine I won't for a while.

not so bad, you are good one for these work

Thanks!!

As I said - a DSLR is fun to play with and I will probably get one at some point, but just in case anyone gets their hopes up too high that I'm slowly turning my back on film, y'all should know that I spent the day with a manual-only tank of a Minolta loaded with Gold 200 as well as a wooden pinhole box with some Tri-X. :801:

I was listening to a podcast yesterday wherein, the host and guest were talking about change. Everyone fights change and hates it but, in reality, change can be great and positive! Maybe the slippery slope of film to digital will change you over. :clap:

I like your photos btw, they look good. ;)

Thanks, shefjr! To be fair, I have no problem with change. I don't cling to known quantities to my detriment. If I believe that change will benefit me, then let's go for it. Having said that, some have called me anti-technology because I tend to be one of the last on the block to get fancy gadgets. This is not because I oppose them. It's because it takes me a while to decide that it will bring value to my life. I never said I'd never shoot digital, and I do actually have a digital camera (just not a DSLR). I figured there would come a time when I would decide that having a good DSLR would contribute to my photography and don't have a problem with that. At the moment, I simply can't afford one.

As for replacing film...nope. THAT isn't going to happen :)

Looking back at my post I think I took it a little too seriously. It just struck a chord with me for some reason and I felt compelled to chime in. Lol. I didn't presume (although it comes off that way in my post) that you weren't okay with change. I think the "change" thing was more an epiphany for me in my life and I saw something in your post that made it applicable so I thought I would share. :1219:

I'm glad you chimed in! I think it's a good that we all remind ourselves to change it up once in a while :)

Thanks, bri. I doubt I'll be getting too digital lazy. Not any time soon, anyway. Let's not forget that it wasn't my camera. I still don't have a DSLR of my own and I imagine I won't for a while.

Thanks!!

Be careful
PixelMedic might just send you a spare one from his closet, or TPF may pitch in and buy you one for Christmas . .... sometimes TPF can be satan like ....:fangs:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back