I think hell froze over.

They're purdy, ain't they? :)
The Pink on Pink one is cute and my little girl would love to use it.
Though I lack the ego to be seen in public with one.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to go around with a pink camera either! I liked the more muted colors, like the black grip on a navy metallic body. The white body looks really nice, too, but I would be afraid that it would get dingy too fast.

Of course, it's all a moot point because I figured if I'm going to save up hundreds of dollars for one single camera (that isn't a Leica or a Hassy), then I can save up just a little bit more for the higher end K-5. It's not like I'm in a rush ;)

Hi there!

Welcome to the dark side. In your orientation packet you'll find a list of evil clichés as well as activities to help you remain angsty and misunderstood.

Hi there!

Welcome to the dark side. In your orientation packet you'll find a list of evil clichés as well as activities to help you remain angsty and misunderstood.

Are there workshops to help me perfect my evil laugh? And how about seizing control? Can I get a support team to help me infiltrate and conquer from within? I'm also having problems keeping my enemies close enough to me. Will the packet include instructions for that?

Are there workshops to help me perfect my evil laugh?

Of course, you'll get plenty of one on one time with our vocal coach.

Gilbert Gottfried.

What can I say, we really are evil.

And how about seizing control? Can I get a support team to help me infiltrate and conquer from within? I'm also having problems keeping my enemies close enough to me. Will the packet include instructions for that?

The packet will include a free years subscription to www.findyourevilminion.com - and of course a complete ACME catalog with coupons for money back on your first order. Lol

I'm not a DSLR virgin anymore.

My boyfriend recently decided to sell a Canon DSLR he'd had for a year or two (who the hell knows which one) and replace it with a Pentax K5. He's just as devoted to film as I am but figures if he's going to ever shoot digital for anything other than snapshots, at least it should be a decent camera.

So....we went for a walk earlier this week and he decided to bring it along since he had barely used it. Wanted to see what he could get out of it.

Every once in a while, I got to lay my hands on it, too. Think I took a total of about 15 shots. He had it on aperture priority and mostly ISO 200 to 400. I didn't want to mess with it too much since I was only grabbing it for a few shots here and there.

Here are the ones I liked the most.

This is weird.

View attachment 85387

View attachment 85388

So how'd I do my first time out with a DSLR? :icon_bounce:

Very Nice!!!

You miss one thread, and look what happens!!!:aiwebs_016:
It is good to get a little funky with something different!:eyebrows:
You should always mix things up and keep it fresh!!!:1219:
I know what you mean by liking the older style, it has nothing to do with being against technology. I really enjoy traditional carpentry, and wood carving, and there is noway I will carve with a power tool! But I don't have anything against power tools.

But when you do decide to go for a roll in the hay with the old DSLR, make sure you show us the photos!!!..............:boggled: Wait! That didn't sound right....... well you know what I mean!:icon_rolleyes:

Oh my - it did freeze over!

I have a digital Ricoh (before they took over Pentax) and have a vintage 50+ year old lens slapped on it, less equipment shock that way!

Great comment from Paul, I've found that too I got into combining technologies more than I would have thought. I've done lumen prints using photo paper that's only approx. 2x3" so have scanned and printed a few to make enlargements - and see nuances in the color that you can't really see in the originals.

Hmm a Pentax digital would work with those fab lenses that fit your K1000 wouldn't it...

You miss one thread, and look what happens!!!:aiwebs_016:

I know, right? :)

It is good to get a little funky with something different!:eyebrows:
You should always mix things up and keep it fresh!!!:1219:
I know what you mean by liking the older style, it has nothing to do with being against technology. I really enjoy traditional carpentry, and wood carving, and there is noway I will carve with a power tool! But I don't have anything against power tools.

Yup - I also enjoy doing other things the "old-fashioned" way. I cook a lot of things from scratch, for example, including my own yogurt and granola bars. I like the challenge, and when things turn out really well, I enjoy the satisfaction of knowing my efforts paid off.

But it is good to keep widening the circle of comfort. I've got different kinds of cameras and they serve different purposes, so there's no reason I can't throw a DSLR into the mix as well. As soon as I save some money ;)

But when you do decide to go for a roll in the hay with the old DSLR, make sure you show us the photos!!!..............:boggled: Wait! That didn't sound right....... well you know what I mean!:icon_rolleyes:

Sure!

tumblr_m3gyftYPNi1qdow1r.gif

Roll, roll, roll in ze hay!
(Go see "Young Frankenstein" right now if you haven't already :allteeth: )

Great comment from Paul, I've found that too I got into combining technologies more than I would have thought. I've done lumen prints using photo paper that's only approx. 2x3" so have scanned and printed a few to make enlargements - and see nuances in the color that you can't really see in the originals.

Mixing mediums is right up my alley! I'm already using a hybrid work flow anyway, shooting film and then digitizing it. So I'll wet print my digital files or something ;)

Hmm a Pentax digital would work with those fab lenses that fit your K1000 wouldn't it...

Yessiree they will. That's one of the reasons I would go Pentax for sure. But I also just gravitate towards it anyway. I was in a Target a few months ago and they had a few kinds of DSLRs on display. I spent a little time with all of them. The Nikons were a little too space-shippy for me. The Canons were more familiar since I do have a Canon point-and-shoot and my boyfriend had several Canon cameras, so I was leaning towards Canon over Nikon. Then I picked up the Pentax K50 and it was like the clouds opened up, heavenly rays shot down and the angels sang! I felt like I had come home :1247: I'm sure a lot of it is just being so used to Pentax, but it just felt better in my hand and the controls felt more intuitive to me. On paper, they deliver just as much quality as Canonikon, so...decision made.

Most likely will go for the K5, maybe some time next year.

Most reactions

Back