I think I got it..

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter and her friend were kind enough to let me take some pictures today..This is one my favorites. I think I got my lighting right..The girls were very patient with me!! :)

christina2.jpg

I think you nailed the focus, but the skin tone on her face is definitely not natural.

A little over exposed. You can see the harsh lighting on her face and forehead when you bring down the exposure. Here's what I mean.

christina2.jpg

Last edited:
Agree, harsh light on her face.
Did you use a build in flash?

I don't like the edit. too dark.

The skin tone on her neck is ok. I mean the original one.

Agree, harsh light on her face.
Did you use a build in flash?

I don't like the edit. too dark.

The skin tone on her neck is ok. I mean the original one.

I should have said "Here's what I mean." Sorry, was trying to show my point about the harsh light not make a correct edit.

lighting is indeed very harsh.. and while I see some catchlights in her eyes... it is not the typical "flash" catchlight... how did you light these?

I did an edit also.. just to see what it would look like

christina2.jpg

the original is too bright but everyones fix doesn't seem to improve upon it. The edits still make her skin look unnatural(not that I can do any better, just saying)

the original is too bright but everyones fix doesn't seem to improve upon it. The edits still make her skin look unnatural(not that I can do any better, just saying)

It is very difficult to correct a shot that is severely over or underexposed... just as it is impossible to correct out of focus shots. That is why we stress getting it to be the best you can when you shoot it, and not rely on PP to make your photos look good.

It is very difficult to correct a shot that is severely over or underexposed... just as it is impossible to correct out of focus shots. That is why we stress getting it to be the best you can when you shoot it, and not rely on PP to make your photos look good.

Yeah, I tend to slightly under expose to retain the details in highlights then bring up the shadows in post process. Once the details are lost, they're gone.

Thanks for the input... Here's the unedited picture. This picture was taken in the shade and I did not use any additional lighting. It's probably my heavy hand and the brightness button. Does the original picture still look overexposed?

Christinaunedited.jpg

I think the original is better then the edit. Not that the edit is awful but it is over exposed. Keep shooting and have fun ;)

The original one is a little bit underexposed. Her left cheek is at right skin tone while the neck and below is dark. You over pp it.
You need to fill some flash from her right front.

I am still a brand new noob on flash photography. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back