I think I'm closed for the Winter...

ottor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Absolutely no inspiration. It's cold - mid 20's.. no color in the sky, no sun, no snow - just crappy brown grass.. wind's blowing...

I think when your passion has become a 'chore', it's time to close for the Winter... :grumpy:

Rick ........
(envisioning retiring in the Sunny South...)

oh come on............ theres plenty to photograph.. birds, deer, water, houses... buildings ...people.... they are all still around in the winter... winter is bla no doubt about it.. but be an optimist ... enjoy it now.. since it is the first day of the rest of your life.. and you will have some pics to look back on after your living in the sun... :er:;)

I feel your pain. I hate winter. It's no fun to shoot outdoors when there's a foot or more of snow on the ground and it's bitter cold. Not to mention all white and lifeless trees get boring after a while.

So find other things to shoot! I plan on doing lots of indoor shooting and finding interesting places (indoors) to shoot. I live near Chicago so I'm fortunate to have plenty of options for shooting.

But I'm eager for spring to return, I want to get back outside and shoot the fun stuff!

I'm going to hop on this negative train. I have no inspiration either. I hate winter, I hate the cold and I just want everything to be green again. I was a little excited when it started snowing Christmas eve but I woke up Christmas day with a severe sinus infection (one of the lovely blessings that comes with winter) and I haven't felt good enough since to go out and get any cool pictures of the snow scenery.
I just wish that some of the people on here who live near the beach would post some palm tree and beach pics so I could go on a virtual vacation.

I just wish that some of the people on here who live near the beach would post some palm tree and beach pics so I could go on a virtual vacation.

ooooooooooooooooo stop it just reminds of senior week in June : ( Myrtle Beach! hopefully i will have this photo stuff down so i can bring back so sweet pics

I find my inspiration comes and goes. There are even times in the summer where I grab my gear, head out the door and never take out my camera.

But I agree, its worse in winter time. Although I did have a great time last winter shooting at -25C. Had some fun results and there was no one out on the streets which allowed for fun shots.

Its ok not to be inspired for a period of time, it happens. Keep an eye out and when you see something of interest, go for it. If not, grab a hot cup of cocoa and wait for winter to be over...

Seriously?

Man, right now I can only hope for temps in the 20's :lol:

Photography is one thing that's made winter bearable for me... everything takes on a new shape and it's a whole new world to explore - not to mention another challenge.

i am with ya, i hate winter. where i live its been really windy and snowing for like 3 days. and i just got my camera so im running out of things inside to shoot. lol

I love it when it gets cold, there could be more snow here tomorrow. A few years ago i went to the Elephant Treffen in Germany -18 camping heaven :lol:
my tent on the Saturday night
http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Events/Elephant-Treffen/Elephant-Treffen-2005-053/19143761_PUrvj-L.jpg

:lol: It's all in the eye of the beholder, see to me that looks like TORTURE!

I had to ride 600 miles on my motorbike in the snow to get there,it was worth it the Germans had laid on a roast http://gsgary.smugmug.com/Events/Elephant-Treffen/Elephant-Treffen-2005-033/19143677_U6Tss-L-1.jpg :lmao:

I'd feel better if there was even a little snow - snow scenes can be beautiful.... however, haven't had enough to make a 'scene' at all.. it'll snow a little at night, and the next day only 1/2 melt - making a muddy yucky mess of everything - and still no sun/color anywhere.

I used to like how my eyes would think, but recently there's no food out there for them at all to feast from ... I just may stay inside until March - ....

Just where does the color go in the Winter? - Do people and cars and buildings and trees actually turn Gray a couple months out of the year??
I think I'm living in a "Goth" world...

OK Guys - get prepared for lots of 'water drop' and 'puppy on couch' pics.... :mrgreen: cuz through all my complaining..... I just can't quit!

:sun::sun::sun:

Welcome to Arizona :) I moved here 10 years ago and don't look back.

I grew up in New England, lived in NY, Philadelphia, and the Midwest, and finally don't have to fight the miserable cold! Now if I go to cold climes, it is voluntary and not forced (although I admit that my blood has thinned and I now find this time of year with the nighttime temperature in the mid 30's to be absolutely frigid). I used to enjoy winter camping -- I'm not sure I could do that now.

You don't need to shovel sun.

I'd feel better if there was even a little snow - snow scenes can be beautiful.... however, haven't had enough to make a 'scene' at all.. it'll snow a little at night, and the next day only 1/2 melt - making a muddy yucky mess of everything - and still no sun/color anywhere.

I used to like how my eyes would think, but recently there's no food out there for them at all to feast from ... I just may stay inside until March - ....

Just where does the color go in the Winter? - Do people and cars and buildings and trees actually turn Gray a couple months out of the year??
I think I'm living in a "Goth" world...

OK Guys - get prepared for lots of 'water drop' and 'puppy on couch' pics.... :mrgreen: cuz through all my complaining..... I just can't quit!

Great because there's not many puppy shots posted :lol:

as inTempus said, find other things to shoot, explore different areas of photography you havent already and you may find yourself interested in something you werent before. Lighting / strobist stuff is getting me back into the hobby this winter ( cant wait to get my packages in the mail ). Maybe take vacation if possible or even a mini road trip by yourself.. I dare you to do it without your gear, regret can be a great motivator, haha. ;) Good luck !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back