I think I’m getting better but I could use some advice from this recent shoot

kjpshoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
friend came over while I was playing with camera and a strobe, didn’t really plan anything so no make up or sth but she was smiling, I adjusted my settings and this was the second shot.
43C83C05-019D-4C03-8477-4E9726381BBC.jpeg

What y’all think?

Last edited:
I like it. Beautiful smile. The only thing from my point of view is the arm is sort of overpowering the face.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

It's usually difficult to give advice based on one, single photograph. It's an Okay shot, of a lovely woman, with a great smile, pretty hair, and clothes. If I were to offer advice for shooting strobed shots like this, it might be to stop the lens down a bit, to get a bit more depth of field, so that the clothes are in good focus; in this shot, the actual depth of the subject from arm to the shoulder depth is such that I'd probably want to shoot this at f/8 or so, when using flash, to get enough DOF for the arm, the face, and the clothes. I dunno...I wanna see the ears sharp, as well as the frontal plane of the face. And second bit of advice...keep photographing attractive people like her...makes things easier.

It's usually difficult to give advice based on one, single photograph. It's an Okay shot, of a lovely woman, with a great smile, pretty hair, and clothes. If I were to offer advice for shooting strobed shots like this, it might be to stop the lens down a bit, to get a bit more depth of field, so that the clothes are in good focus; in this shot, the actual depth of the subject from arm to the shoulder depth is such that I'd probably want to shoot this at f/8 or so, when using flash, to get enough DOF for the arm, the face, and the clothes. I dunno...I wanna see the ears sharp, as well as the frontal plane of the face. And second bit of advice...keep photographing attractive people like her...makes things easier.

Agree 100% with Derrel above, the lady does have a great smile too.

Thank you Derrel, I will definitely work on them DOF on my next studio shoot.

I like it. Beautiful smile. The only thing from my point of view is the arm is sort of overpowering the face.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thank you

smile is good
the wrist angle...uhm..don't do that again please.
What is that weird fuzzy line along the upper side of her face?

Most reactions

Back