I use photos as therapy

I always think a little back story helps the viewer understand the picture better. Your backstories are usually very informative which is entertaining in itself. I seldom see anything in your photos that would make me want to make suggestions. With an adequate story, I think I can understand what the photographer intended, which sometimes sparks a comment, but probably just as often I see no reason to comment.

I agree with the others. Your stories turn your beautiful photos into a documentary about an event. For instance, i would have loved the picture of the little girl holding the orange, with that look of wonder on her face regardless of the story. But reading about your motorbike trip, and the fact that she was the waitress while her mother cooked, it put me in that place to enjoy it with you, in a more personal way.

Although I take a good number of pictures, I often come back from a trip without the kinds of 'filler' pictures that illusttrate a point without being a great 'picture'.
But here are a couple you might enjoy

This is the road to a large system of caves near Pindaya with two cyclists peddling by one trunk of a 3 or 4 acre Banyan grove which is actually one tree.

p324010784-5.jpg

This woman is making paper from mulberry bark.
First pounding it into a mash, then mixing it with water and then distributing the slurry across a screen
p123160208-5.jpg

p280155421-5.jpg

last a couple of funny signs that indicate just how difficult English is.

p198377587-5.jpg

p225913986-5.jpg

and last, a view across the fields in the hills of central Myanmar. Beautifully kept, mostly by hand with the plowing done with buffalo and the occasional diesel donkey.

p943846550-5.jpg

:lol: I laughed at the Hum-burger a little too much.. :lmao: I've seen a fair share of these, from "Sony Erection (Ericson)" to "Bed Sh*t (Sheet)", I've seen it all! :lmao:

Last edited:
I LOVE a few words along with a picture. I think it helps to deepen the narration visually!!! Some people are visual, some people internalize more when they read it or hear it, so as many senses as you can tap into always tends to intensify the image IMO. GREAT STORY...that little girl is very intriguing! I like!

Most reactions

Back