I used to SUCK HARD, you guys.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was going through and reorganizing my website/blog and I went the WHOOOOOOLE way back through all the old stuff...

Holy sh*t, I was TERRIBLE.

I know we all start out terrible... but enough time has finally passed for me to see a MAJOR difference.

So for all of the newbies who are just starting out and might be feeling a little discouraged, BEHOLD! My sampling of SUCKERY!

5003007100_3ae2a76b42.jpg

5003007640_a8c5b0ac96.jpg

4788892634_75a29e04e5.jpg

This was my attempt at trying to make something look like vector art at the request of a friend who wanted their images edited that way:

4750893038_9d1dc9de19.jpg

I mean, but lets talk about this image in general:

4630523662_2af50a4440.jpg

And my other attempt at a self-portrait:

5348493778_b6ff67c13f.jpg
<-------------- This was apparently the last one I ever did. This makes me want to do another one. A more decent one. :lmao:

5766551416_39519967c9.jpg

5765849149_eb223d3fe8_z.jpg

I still have a lot of improving to do, but I'M SO GLAD, I don't suck THAT MUCH anymore. :biglaugh: :lmao:

So newbies, there is hope at the end of the tunnel! Keep working at it and everything will get better. EVERYTHING. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Emily, I know what you mean. I've went back through my external hard drive looking at photos thinking that I am so much better now at editing that I could make a few of them look really good. BOY WAS I WRONG!

Now we need some examples of the fantastic new EROSE to compare!

Wow...those first two shots of the young woman in the...outdoor fireplace is it???...those are particularly awful. Those blown out skin tone highlights....yeesh. Yes, your work is now much more refined and solid.

LOL. Oh yes when I started as a newbie I picked Birding as my starting point and man did I suck real bad.My exposure was always pretty good but everything else was pathetic and was getting frustrated but tenacity is paying off. No matter how many times I wanted to smash the camera gear in the pavement I never quite but just kept trying and trying and trying until I got one decent shot and how I got that decent shot and went from there one step at a time.

Now we need some examples of the fantastic new EROSE to compare!

IMG_7117.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

^^^^^I mean I'm not gonna post a whole sh*tload. I'm linking them from galleries on my site, so once those change, these images will be broken anyway. :lol:

I'll have one of each, please.

Don't feel too bad.

DSC05780_Fotor_zps5a2e04fc.jpg

DSC04433_zpsefeff66d.jpg

Those weren't taken that long ago. I'm not the best photographer out there by any means, but my god a little education and experience can go a long way.

While I do like the "after" photos better than the "before" ones, I'm a complete newbie, so I have no idea what makes the later ones better save for the little experience I've had the last month or two. Wouldn't it be a fun little exercise if you guys told us newbs what made your old photos bad and your new ones good? :)

Last edited:
Yup, speaking as a guy who remembers you the day you joined... and watching as you went from pretty awful to faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar superior anything I could produce and beyond... in A REALLY short period of time... it's been fun (and frankly, exciting) to watch.

While I do like the "after" photos better than the "before" ones, I'm a complete newbie, so I have no idea what makes the later ones better save for the little experience I've had the last month or two. Wouldn't it be a fun little exercise if you guys told us newbs what made the old photos bad and the new ones good? :)

light.

Yeah, some of us remember when you sucked. :lmao:
Just kidding!! You were NEVER as bad as me!

All I'd really say about my own work is that I don't suck quite as much now as I used to&#8230;but in terms of portraiture, and compared to you&#8230;I still suck pretty hard. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back