I used to SUCK HARD, you guys.

dancinguy.gif

Ok, so here's my entry into the shots I'm embarrassed to admit I took sweepstakes:

IMG_3176 by robbins.photo, on Flickr

Wow, where do I even start - color and contrast? The horrible crop? The complete lack of composition on top of the horrible crop? The heavy shadow obscuring the eyes that only draws even more attention to the lack of composition further complicated by the horrible crop?

Yup.. just lucky most of the fellas don't have internet access because if they'd seen this I seriously doubt they would have let me take their pictures anymore.. lol

Ok, so here's my entry into the shots I'm embarrassed to admit I took sweepstakes:

Wow, where do I even start - color and contrast? The horrible crop? The complete lack of composition on top of the horrible crop? The heavy shadow obscuring the eyes that only draws even more attention to the lack of composition further complicated by the horrible crop?

Yup.. just lucky most of the fellas don't have internet access because if they'd seen this I seriously doubt they would have let me take their pictures anymore.. lol

Don't worry, I've seen worse selfies ;)

Don't worry, I've seen worse selfies ;)

Yup, pretty much the only saving grace here is I wasn't making one of those stupid kissy faces at the time.. rotfl

Robbins your gorilla is at least a clear close up. I was shooting birds with a 18-105 Nikon @ 100 yards away then cropping it to a little itty bitty box and then after post processing was done by my hand it looked like a bad comic book that got wet in the rain.

I've posted this before - it was a while ago, can't remember the thread. It was taken...damn it...about 23 years ago. In my defense, I know what I was trying to do and I also know now that the camera I was using (crappy Vivitar point and shoot) wasn't capable of producing what I had in mind. I have to take the blame, however, for the composition and horrible lighting. God, you can hear the suckage in space!

$Glass.jpg

In comparison, here's a shot from last year. As someone already said here: it's about light. Yeah, there's other stuff involved - composition, depth of field, focus, yadda yadda. Follow the light and get that part right and these other things can fall into place if you know what you're doing. Have perfect focus, dof, composition but get the light wrong? No bueno.

$Martini.jpg

Plus, martini ;)

Op You are a pretty gal...old or new.

D'awwwwww :blush:

Op You are a pretty gal...old or new.

She's already got two husbands - don't think she needs much more than that.. lol

Two?

Keith aaaand.... who else? Are you counting Schwetty? Cause he hasn't been by to stalk me in the longest time soooooooo.

I'm back down to just Keith. :lol: :biglaugh: :lmao:

Sorry Chris, you'll lose. I cannot show mine because the internet will disown me. Yes, that bad. In fact, trying to upload to prove the point, the connection went down and I got the message "Do NOT do that again. Ever. Microsoft error number 03880fa12". I don't have an Apple to try this on, but I suspect it may be something similar.

Actually I think apple dispatches a squad of highly trained sword wielding anime characters to have you slain before you can make an additional attempt.

It's true. Can confirm. We had a whole day of training devoted just to that particular occurrence. 

Oh, and it's 15 minutes later and guess who has that song stuck in her head now???

khan.gif

Whe'e at? Whe'e at? Whe'e at? Now there'ee go, there'ee go, there'ee go.

:lmao:

thanks for sharing! no, really. lol I too am embarrassed by photos I took less than two years ago. ;\

Awww,him, her, whatever...her nickels and dimes will work in the parking meter just fine. Little girl money is just as good as little boy money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back