I Wanna Be A Cowgirl

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanna be a cowgirl, just a-ridin' on a horse. Sittin' tall in the saddle, with my cowgirl hat on, of course!

Couple of my favorites from today. Between the model being a little on the diva side, and my highly paid assistant tripping over lights, set and being a diva about following directions, I didn't get as many today as hoped. Cold weather forced me to postpone the outdoor shots till this weekend. C&C always appreciated
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
Really great concept on the first, Smoke. I may have to borrow a version of that idea...a dog/wolf silhouette maybe? Your children must love having you do all these wonderful themes.

Really great concept on the first, Smoke. I may have to borrow a version of that idea...a dog/wolf silhouette maybe? Your children must love having you do all these wonderful themes.

Thanks Dean. I had intended on shooting this one outside using the barn for a background, but the cold snap forced me to do a hurry up set inside. I wasn't totally happy with the set but it worked to a point. She was extra hyper yesterday which didn't help either. I did get a few more that need to be finalized on edits.

Of the six grandchildren she's the only one really close, which helps. Our oldest grandsons 18 &15 live a couple hrs away and occasionally will sit for portraits. Their family has been fostering four little ones age two through six, that if parental rights are ever terminated they hope to adopt. I get to photograph them occasionally, but because of the situation, posting of pictures is a big no, no.

Great work! I am soooo jealous of your 'built-in' model!!!! The first one is showing up a bit dark on my monitor though.

Great work! I am soooo jealous of your 'built-in' model!!!! The first one is showing up a bit dark on my monitor though.

Thank you. She is a mess. Funny story on the shoot, we got several, then took a break. I did some preliminary edits on the first image adding the shadow rider. I showed her the image on screen and noticed a look of confusion on her face. When we went back to shoot another round, we had a devil of a time trying to get her to look at the camera, because she kept looking over her shoulder or at the background to make sure the shadow rider wasn't sneaking up on her again. LOL

I think I agree with you on the lighting on the first. I need to bump it up just a tad.

The first one is showing up a bit dark on my monitor though.

Better?
Bama Bucks20190213_0459-Edit.jpg

Great set! Love the shadow on the wall. We have a similar horse with yarn hair & tail. Grand daughter adorable.

Great set! Love the shadow on the wall. We have a similar horse with yarn hair & tail. Grand daughter adorable.

Thanks CherylL!!! I agonized over the shadow, but all in all I think it turned out fair. I really wish I'd had some more room to spread out because the image seems a little cramped. The rocking horse was another one of our junk store finds. I used some of your tricks on the background. Wasn't happy with what I had, so since I needed to add the shadow anyhow, I added a little extra texture.

Awesome shots smoke! The rocking horse one is over the top adorable - omg the outfit. Really creative with the shadow, and I like how she looks out of the frame. I can see the horse trail ahead in her imagination. Winner shot IMO thank you for sharing.

Awesome shots smoke! The rocking horse one is over the top adorable - omg the outfit. Really creative with the shadow, and I like how she looks out of the frame. I can see the horse trail ahead in her imagination. Winner shot IMO thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the kind words. DW and I enjoy browsing the junk/thrift stores in search of props and creative theme ideas. We keep a running inventory of things we have so it's easier to put the puzzle together. Once we get close we sometimes have to buy new to fill out the theme, but generally our budget is low because at this age they outgrow stuff fast. I try to recycle things, but I'm starting to accumulate extras, might be time to dispose of some.

Thank you for the kind words. DW and I enjoy browsing the junk/thrift stores in search of props and creative theme ideas. We keep a running inventory of things we have so it's easier to put the puzzle together. Once we get close we sometimes have to buy new to fill out the theme, but generally our budget is low because at this age they outgrow stuff fast. I try to recycle things, but I'm starting to accumulate extras, might be time to dispose of some.

Shall we look for you on an upcoming show of " Pickers "?:bouncingsmileys:

Shall we look for you on an upcoming show of " Pickers "?

As one of those crazy hoarders???? ......................................I might not want to answer that LOL

Have several others that turned out well, but I thought these two were worthy of a post. We play a little game, where she has to close her eyes, while count to three. When I hit three she opens the eyes, makes for some big eyes. LOL C&C appreciated.

I Wanna Be A Cowgirl by William Raber, on Flickr

I Wanna Be A Cowgirl by William Raber, on Flickr

Great shots Smoke, this set came out really nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back