I want a new lens????

SW Studio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have the Nikkor 50mm 1.8, 85mm 1.8 and the boring kit lens. I shoot Portraits and would like to get into wedding Photography? I was thinking about the 35mm.

Why is kit lens boring? Which one is it. What body?

Why is kit lens boring? Which one is it. What body?
D5100 Just ordered 7100 im just a huge fan of bokeh. also i find it very cheap and the quality isn't there for me. Just a personal opinion.

I think the usability of the d7100 over the d5100 is substantial, I think image quality will be very similar.

The 35mm Nikon dx is a very good cheap lens. It's well worth having. If you consider doing events such as weddings I think a fast standard zoom such as a sigma 17-50 os and a flash are good buys also

I think the usability of the d7100 over the d5100 is substantial, I think image quality will be very similar.

The 35mm Nikon dx is a very good cheap lens. It's well worth having. If you consider doing events such as weddings I think a fast standard zoom such as a sigma 17-50 os and a flash are good buys also
The funny thing is i had the sigma 17-50 new out of box and it was broken. so i returned it for the 85mm because they did not have anymore in stock. I love the 85 but need a zoom lens as well. do you shoot weddings?

Never as the main photographer, just as a back up guy. So the pressure wasn't there per say, but still got the experience of the light, or lack of that can be inside a church.

I have shot a few christenings and charity events in similar locations to wedding receptions. Fast lenses are necessary, along with a little knowledge and people managing

The 35mm seems like a good idea, however if you need a zoom why not a 70mm-200mm

The 70-200 is very useful at these things on a full frame, not as much so on a crop.

You should look at sigmas New 50-100 f1.8

Most reactions

New Topics

Back