I want D3 but its too big?!

Val

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So what should i do if i want a Nikon D3 :hail: but i want it to be the size and weight of D80-D300? :blushing:

Buy a D80 and be happy with all the good glass you will be able to afford. And to boot later on when you get a little stronger you can use all that good glass on the next generation Nikon camera when the D3 is obsolete.

Buy a D3, a D300 or a D80.

I got D80 already :) however im seriously attracted by full frame, 10 fps, new LCD and working 6k iso...

Do you have an entire collection of Nikkor Goldring lenses to go with it? If not then stick with a D80 and spend money where it's important. ISO25600 is great if you have lenses to get good images out of it.

Iso is the last thing that worries me. Full frame and FPS are most important.

Yes i really want to spend money were it counts. That means getting full frame and a lot of bargain lenses for it that will be miles ahead of anything DX.

That body is a bit of a tank. Very impressive-looking.

(if I may ask) Why do you need that kind of muscle? Most people I know of work their way into it. I went from a D70 to D200 and omg! That jump was night and day. The D3 at 5000.00 is quite a big jump. A D300 is a third of the cost and has almost as much punch as the D3?

I'm just curious... and to be totally honest, I am shopping for the D3 too (for me, it's my next progression as I am about to limit myself by only having one primary camera. I am at the point that I need to carry 2 (other than my backup) on most jobs).

http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d200/index.htm
5fps
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d300/index.htm
8 fps/6 fps with grip
http://nikonimaging.com/global/products/digitalcamera/slr/d80/index.htm
3 fps

I do apologize, i don't understand the logic behind the question either a d80 or d3. I personally would not get the d80 but it is a preference. the fps is slow, the rgd sensor is not as wide range as either the d200 and above. it is light in weight but I would say that it is almost too simplistic. while researching this, I found that a more logical debate (money, weight ect) between cameras would be between the d200 and d300 (I am not saying your debate is illogical). the d3 is a little over 3lbs with battery and all (heavy). come to think of it, all these cameras are kind of clunkers.

(if I may ask) Why do you need that kind of muscle? Most people I know of work their way into it. I went from a D70 to D200 and omg! That jump was night and day. The D3 at 5000.00 is quite a big jump. A D300 is a third of the cost and has almost as much punch as the D3?

I'm just curious... and to be totally honest, I am shopping for the D3 too (for me, it's my next progression as I am about to limit myself by only having one primary camera. I am at the point that I need to carry 2 (other than my backup) on most jobs).

I would agree, the switch from D70 to D200 was night and day.

Goodday

The switch for me from the D80 to the D300 was a pretty big jump too. The LCD on the D300 is top-notch, the body is of professional build, and the ISO performance is second only to the D3. Get the D300, seriously, you'll be happy with it and you'll be able to pick up a gold ring Nikkor lens or two.

You will get use to the size and wieght eventually. I thought the same of the 1Ds Mark II/III, but after using it for a bit, it's not too bad. If you want the FF and fps, Nikon-wise the D3 is your only choice right now. Can wait a bit to see if they come out with a 5D equivalent later on down the road. Get the D300 otherwise.

So what should i do if i want a Nikon D3 :hail: but i want it to be the size and weight of D80-D300? :blushing:

Well that's not going to happen, so you have to make the choice. I think if you have the funds to get the D3 you should do it. But if i was going to get the D3, I would have all of Nikon's best glass on it too. Otherwise its not performing to its highest potential.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back