I want to buy a dSLR... No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOST1i or Nikon D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianClark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I want to buy a dSLR... No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOS Rebel T1i vs. Nikon D5000 ?

If you want argue your point.

hahaha... I have been told I'm a little slow and I have never had a dSLR so lets say a chimp snaps the photo. hahaha

I would love to find a website that has the same exact scene with shots from each (not just for the two cams you listed though) to compare.. lol

Honestly, I think it would be pretty hard to tell the difference...

I have seen a couple of side by side pictures but 5 at the most. I also think that thats the best review/comparison there could be. why is there not more ?

My friend and I were in your shoes about 2 years ago. we were both looking at an entry model DSLR. He got the Rebel and I went one up and got the Cannon 40D. Today, I'm looking to get the MarkII and his rebel is collecting dust. Quality wise, the 40D is built better with better materials. It feels solid in my hands and although they have the same sensor(I think) the pictures from the 40D come out noticeably better. Also the 40D gives you room to grow where as the rebel seems to be a point-and-shoot with the option to change lenses(IMHO). And for me, the look and feel of the 40D gives me more confidence to go out and take pictures because it looks like a professional camera. So my recommendation is to go to the $1,500 price point. but if your comparing the T1i and D5000, your splitting hairs and your never going get a good answer. You need to look at price points and look toward the future to decide if your going be a Cannon or a Nikon person. Your investment is not in the body but in the lenses. If your just going to take pictures of your kids and family and you are not really looking to upgrade, then the sub $1000 cameras are fine. But if your looking to shoot art, then look at the cameras in the mid $1000. You will out grow the rebel very quickly.

Depends on which pic.. that first pic I was so sure the D5000 looked better.. but in some of the others I really preferred the T1i.

I found this interesting..

Flickr: Camera Finder

You can select a camera and look through photos taken with that particular camera!

Go to a store, figure out how they feel and how you like the controls. Include Sony in the comparison. Buy the one you like best.

I was in this same position.... Just recently. And after comparing for hour on end...price...mps..iso...look..feel...pic quality.....everything down to the nitty gritty....the Nikon D5000 completely smoked the Canon T1i (500) or even the 450-rebel XSi.

I decided to purchase a D5000 myself--- and u can find one for anywhere from 550-800 with a lense kit.

Thanks PerfectlyFlawed ! I love to hear peoples personal opinion !!! If you read reviews everything is 50/50 but they never say which takes all around the best pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back