What's new

I want to buy a dSLR... No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOST1i or Nikon D5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'd say that I leaned you have a very single track mind, and are in capable of using different examples or analogies in order to understand something.
Now that's ironic. Pot, meet kettle.

And if you want statistics on how the more human involvement gives more room for error, well visit your local library and pick up a quality control text book... I've read many of them, and I'm not going to keep trying to draw you a picture, or give you other things to back my theory up, because you'll just nit pick those, and figure out a way they don't relate, then we'll be off on another topic.
So in other words you've got nothing. I kind of figured that.

...and it's you who keeps diverting the conversation all over the map. I point out a problem with one of your statements so you run off in another direction hoping to "get me" on something else.

You don't want to buy a refurb because you *think* they're more likely to be defective. You have nothing to back this up but your local library where you've apparently given yourself a Ivy League education on the subject of quality control.

Meanwhile those of us who have actually owned Canon refurbs know that they're of outstanding quality. We also know that Adorama offers a 1 year warranty on their refurbs which also speaks to their quality as no business would offer such a service for free if they had a history of problems.
 
So you've bought a refurbished camera, and it worked... HOORAY!!! That's what it's supposed to do. The likelihood of it being defective is greater than that of a brand new camera... why the hell do you think canon doesn't give them the same warranty!?
That's what I was trying to get into your skull this whole time, and since you were too slow to grasp the first concept, I'd try to give you a different scenario, in hopes you would understand a different approach... obviously not, and you have obviously not read any QA/QC books, or you would catch on to what I've been saying.

And no, I didn't pick my education up at my local library. I'm surprised you even knew it had educational material in there... good job! I got my education from Western Kentucky's B.S. in Technology Management with a minor in Quality Assurance. But... I don't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.
 
I think this thread needs an updated title.
yawn.gif
 
So you've bought a refurbished camera, and it worked... HOORAY!!! That's what it's supposed to do. The likelihood of it being defective is greater than that of a brand new camera...
Post proof of this claim. Until you do, it's unsubstantiated non-sense. Period.

That's what I was trying to get into your skull this whole time, and since you were too slow to grasp the first concept, I'd try to give you a different scenario, in hopes you would understand a different approach... obviously not, and you have obviously not read any QA/QC books, or you would catch on to what I've been saying.
The only "slow" person here is you my friend. You ramble on in multiple different directions, insulting my work ethic, calling names (saying I'm slow), etc. All tell tail signs of someone who knows little or nothing about which he speaks.

I got my education from Western Kentucky's B.S. in Technology Management with a minor in Quality Assurance. But... I don't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.
I am a Sr. Director of Quality Assurance for a multi-national corporation and have worked in QA since 1997. I travel all around the globe training other organizations and our vendors in QA best practices.

What do you do professionally now days? I mean since we're not talking about cameras anymore. We might as well get to know each other. Where did you vacation last summer? What other hobbies besides photography do you enjoy? Beer, wine or liquor?
 
So you've bought a refurbished camera, and it worked... HOORAY!!! That's what it's supposed to do. The likelihood of it being defective is greater than that of a brand new camera...
Post proof of this claim. Until you do, it's unsubstantiated non-sense. Period.

That's what I was trying to get into your skull this whole time, and since you were too slow to grasp the first concept, I'd try to give you a different scenario, in hopes you would understand a different approach... obviously not, and you have obviously not read any QA/QC books, or you would catch on to what I've been saying.
The only "slow" person here is you my friend. You ramble on in multiple different directions, insulting my work ethic, calling names (saying I'm slow), etc. All tell tail signs of someone who knows little or nothing about which he speaks.

I got my education from Western Kentucky's B.S. in Technology Management with a minor in Quality Assurance. But... I don't have a clue what the hell I'm talking about.
I am a Sr. Director of Quality Assurance for a multi-national corporation and have worked in QA since 1997. I travel all around the globe training other organizations and our vendors in QA best practices.

What do you do professionally now days? I mean since we're not talking about cameras anymore. We might as well get to know each other. Where did you vacation last summer? What other hobbies besides photography do you enjoy? Beer, wine or liquor?

Kind of like you insulting my education, eh? :thumbdown:

I guess you can be anything you want on a forum, and I don't need to prove anything to you... if you do what you say you do, then surely you already know it and are trying to get your rocks off and kill time by starting arguments about trivial things.

Seems like a "Sr. Director of Quality Assurance for a multi-national corporation and have worked in QA since 1997" would have more responsibilities than to sit on a forum all day bickering with "noobs"... that is what you mean right?
 
Seems like a "Sr. Director of Quality Assurance for a multi-national corporation and have worked in QA since 1997" would have more responsibilities than to sit on a forum all day bickering with "noobs"... that is what you mean right?
As I said, you've got nothing but sophomoric taunts and insults. You apparently can't back up your rather outlandish claims regarding refurbs from Canon.

I haven't insulted your education. After you posted your credentials one post prior to this one I said nothing derogatory about them. So your claim that I'm insulting your education is another lame attempt to divert attention away from your shortcomings by trying to insult me or accuse me of nonsensical things. Conversely, you keep insinuating I'm lying about my employment.

So, are we done here yet or do you have a few more insults to fling?
 
Let ME quote YOU.

You have nothing to back this up but your local library where you've apparently given yourself a Ivy League education on the subject of quality control.

Conversely, you keep insinuating I'm lying about my employment.

There you go twisting it around again. :scratch: For some reason, you jumped on my first post as a personal attack against you, your job, and your camera... Weird. Grow up, chief.
 
Let ME quote YOU.

You have nothing to back this up but your local library where you've apparently given yourself a Ivy League education on the subject of quality control.

Conversely, you keep insinuating I'm lying about my employment.

There you go twisting it around again. :scratch: For some reason, you jumped on my first post as a personal attack against you, your job, and your camera... Weird. Grow up, chief.
You can't be this dense... seriously.

You told me to go to a local library and educate myself. My comment was a play on that. It's really not that hard to follow, but I understand your desperation to try and justify your constant insults.

Here ya go:

And if you want statistics on how the more human involvement gives more room for error, well visit your local library and pick up a quality control text book... I've read many of them, and I'm not going to keep trying to draw you a picture,

If I were to play your game, I would claim you were insulting my education as if I've never touched a text book on the subject of quality control.

Once you actually mentioned your education, I said nothing deragatory about it. I know you think I can read minds, but I honestly didn't know what your education was until you posted it. If I did insult your education after you actually mentioned it (and before I could mind read it), please point it out so I may apologize.

As for growing up, please take a little of your own advice. You're the one who can't seem to resist making endless insults.

Now, if you can prove a refurb is more likely to have a failure than a production line unit, please post your evidence.

This poses another interesting question. If you feel having an already manufactured body inspected or repaired by a person increases the likelihood it will be defective, how do you feel about sending your camera in for service? Do you not trust it will come back to you in better shape than when you sent it in?
 
Last edited:
I guess now you know how I feel while I'm banging my head against a wall wondering why it's so hard for you to follow a thread.

This poses another interesting question. If you feel having an already manufactured body inspected or repaired by a person increases the likelihood it will be defective, how do you feel about sending your camera in for service? Do you not trust it will come back to you in better shape than when you sent it in?

I'm going home for the day, so I'll keep an eye out for some information for you. As far as me sending my camera in for service... I most definitely would not send it in unless it absolutely had to. So to answer your question, I trust that it'll come back in better condition if I sent it in broke, but I would be going over it with a fine toothed comb (something that the average repair guy wouldn't do because it's not his).

Have a good weekend.
 
No BS what takes the best picture Canon EOST1i or Nikon D5000
Unfortunately, the poor OP is having to wade through it. :lmao:
You mean there is an actual right answer to which one produces the absolute best picture?

Which one was it?
 
Well that is easy intempus.....

The company who uses nothing but automation to produce their cameras! Duh! ;)


Stamp... Hmmm, so what about dell and their refurbished PC's? They give the same exact warranty on them as their made to order new packages. To coin the phrase. "why would they do that" After all that is more handling by humans. Are they crazy? playing the odds of chance like that? Hmm.

I have bought 3 of my 4 dell PC's as refurbed units the only one I had a problem with was the first non refurbed unit. Hmmm.

Whoohoo that is the way it's supposed to work. Oh wait, no it's not. The brand new unit should not have had a problem either.

To break it down to you in non "parts per million" because I prefer percentage, I am funny like that... 100% of my new dells had a problem upon arival and 100% of my refurbed units did not.

...My how unexpected, I would have thought that their would be more of a CHANCE for the refurbed units to have issues. Oh wait their was. They just overcame those chances. Hey and while I am thinking about it they even overcame that guy who worked on them with his pants pulled half way down... on friday... 10 minutes before time to go home. :O Oh man, I am feeling lucky about now. Wow.

Did I miss anything LOL. Sorry couldn't resist, this is just so silly and I am feeling edgy today. ;)

As far as the OP. The better camera is the one that can take more of a beating and keep on functioning in my book. Plain and simple. If it has the functions you need and can take a beating that is the camera for me. Mine has eaten asphalt once (from 3ft) and took a 5ft dive into cement. Still here and still working fine for me. That makes me proud of my poor little rebel xt. Can't say if it is as proud of me though, probably thinks I am an abusive a$$.

So which camera has a better drop test rating?
 
A refurbished canon I looked at also says 90 day warranty.

Since 1st May 2009 all Canon refurbs from Adorama come with a 12-month return-to-Adorama warranty; if it says 90 days, it is a typo - I'd be grateful if you could forward the SKU to me and I can get it changed on the website.

All other refurbs from Adorama carry a 90-day warranty.



Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can offer any additional information or support.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

http://helenoster.blogspot.com


helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com


aww! :( canon only? bummer.
 
A refurbished canon I looked at also says 90 day warranty.

Since 1st May 2009 all Canon refurbs from Adorama come with a 12-month return-to-Adorama warranty; if it says 90 days, it is a typo - I'd be grateful if you could forward the SKU to me and I can get it changed on the website.

All other refurbs from Adorama carry a 90-day warranty.



Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if I can offer any additional information or support.

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

http://helenoster.blogspot.com


helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com


aww! :( canon only? bummer.

That's what I said.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom