I want to buy my 1st dslr

Already have Nikon lenses, etc. Didn't want to start all over...no, this'll do just fine...like I said, we're running out of time.

Just bought a Nikon refurb D3400 for wife to learn on, 35 clicks, looks brand new, OP, if you're still out there...camera, 18-55 kit lens, batt/charger and strap...not cheap @ $399.95, but exactly what I wanted for her...and nice to have as a back-up. Wife is a total novice, oh, and it doesn't matter if SLRs are not the future...our future is behind us.

edit: purchased from NikonUSA.
Always thought since it's introduction, one of the best buys in all of the market and a great learning tool. I have sometimes carried mine as a back-up to a D780. Happy shooting to your better half, and keep on getting the image!

I have purchased excellent used equipment from B+H, Adorama, and KEH, but buying new is important if repairs are needed in the future...warranties.....

I bought and use a Canon T6 Rebel. It handles most of the projects I have undertaken.

I have taken normal everyday shots of scenery, the dog on point, the moon back lighting the clouds, the northern lights, waterfalls and butterflies. All with the 18 mm to 55 mm lens that came with it, though many of these shots required a tripod and moving off of the "auto" setting.

I purchase an adapter ring and switched to the manual mode to use my film camera's zoom lens at about 325 mm, for up close shots of the birds on the bird feeder. I also bought an adapter for my telescope which allows me to play with a little astro-photography.

My point is an entry level camera, be it Canon, Nikon, or other name brand has a lot of potential to explore. Even more important, you will learn it's limitations and how that impacts your favorite type of photography.

Good luck

Not sure if this was ever resolved or not but here's my $,02 worth. Your best bet is to go to an actual brick and mortar camera store, not Wal-Mart, Best Buy (though some people at Best Buy know a little about cameras) and talk with an associate. Most reputable stores sell used gear with some kind of warranty, so you're covered for awhile if something fails on it. If going to an actual store isn't an option then I'd contact someone like Adorama, B&H, KEH. They should be able to chat online with you or on the phone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back