I want to have fun taking photos and make money :D Is that too much to ask?

DaveCharles

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all , Im new here and am keen to get some of my questions answered for the sake of my sanity . I have a old manual pentax which I love to get out the case and play with but have never actually properly used it . I know a bit about exposure and focus but have been told just to use it on auto for now ? Can it go that wrong really ? Where do most of you get your prints done ? Is it worth using expensive places like jessops/snappy snaps or will boots/tesco or online places do the same stuff

I've been writing for a journalism site and they have just launched a comp called Your View Your View apparantly they are giving out a thousand pounds for best UK view? So i want to try an win that . Any help appreciated :D

I think the old addage "you get what you pay for" is valid. Not to pay too much but certainly not enough is a bigger waste of $.

As far as a contast, no have fun and good luck.

If you have an old manual pentax...there is no auto. I learned on a Pentax K1000, and I have much love for that little camera. Go grab a roll of film, read the manual on how to set the exposure and practice, practice, practice! If you don't have the manual, you can probably find it online. I would also recommend recording your settings as you are shooting, this way when you get your film back you can review where you went wrong and improve.

Most reactions

Back