i want to save all my photos on my PC which is a good one to use

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my pc is old.. thinking of buying a new pc.. but in the meantime I would like to make sure I have all my photos saved.. which device is recommended ..hope this is in the right forum.. thanks

You just need a large enough hard drive.
I want to be able to transfer my photos to new computer.. and if this one crashes I want to save all the photos beforehand.. thank you.. my hard drive on this pc is very large.. holds over 2 thousand photos with lots of room left.. but old pc.. it could go anytime.

Have a look at external hard drive save all your pics to the external then call up and save to pc the ones you want to work on

is the external hard drive something you plug in.. I need a name of the gadget that I will plug in. sorry I really know little about this part.. but I know from years past I lost a lot of my photos when pc died.

2k of pics...... a 1Tb should be big enough
You can get two types one that is powered just from the pc USB port the other is powered from the mains

2k of pics...... a 1Tb should be big enough
You can get two types one that is powered just from the pc USB port the other is powered from the mains
okay will look this up..thanks a lot..

Ok back, just been on amazon
I use the following brands
WD. Sometimes western digital
Seagate
If you want to have one that you can pack and take away get one that just plugs into usb
The mains ver, mine sits on the desk and is always plugged in to pc ready to use with usb 3they are quit fast now and are backward compatible with usb 2 machines so far as I know
Suggest you look at how much your pics use in storage and get something that is at least double that
I never use a hard drive beyond 75% full it’s gets clunky then and slow and for some reason more prone to errors beyond that

thanks that's what I needed..i appreciate your help..would this be okay for windows 7 pc..

I'm of the opinion that if your images aren't accessible at at least three different post office addresses, they really don't exist at all. Having three copies is two, having two copies is one. I have backups here at my place, my neighbor and a family member.

External drives come in two flavors.... those that are powered by the 5vDC USB system, and those that have a (usually 12vDC plug-in) transformer. The latter is usually faster than the former as it has, like Time the Tool Man Taylor liked to say, "More power!" (insert simian grunts here....)

Western Digital 2TB WD2000FYYZ 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive..does this one sound like it will do the job.

Agree with sparky store away from home if you can
Re win 7
Read the spec sheet for full info
Having said that I use mine with win 7 home and win 7 pro

okay thanks to both of you.. appreciate the reply and information..

Most reactions

Back