i want to save all my photos on my PC which is a good one to use

@Photo Lady you didn't request recommendations on a new computer, but in general terms if you're doing photo editing (especially adobe) I'd highly recommend an SSD as your C drive, and supported graphics card with at least 6mb of ram on the card, more if possible. Adobe Lightroom Classic GPU FAQ The latest release of Lightroom is now using the graphics card both to render the image for display for screen and processing of edits.
oh thanks for this added info.. that was going to be my next question.. at a later date.. but now I have something to look into now.. thanks again
does HP have one like this..

• c06031531.png
  • c06031585.png
  • c06031558.png

Click to zoom

Prev
Next
  • c06031497.png
  • c06031524.png
  • c06031578.png
  • c06031551.png

Weekly Deals! Shop our best deals of the week.

HP All-in-One 24-f0135
Free shipping. Buy direct from HP. See customer reviews and comparisons for the HP All-in-One 24-f0135. Upgrades and savings on select products.
HP
3UQ76AA#ABA
ENERGY STAR

Save $50 on a Tango Printer with purchase of any Laptop or Desktop | Get a Deskjet 3755 for just $49.99 with purchase of any Laptop or Desktop | Buy select PC and get an additional 10% off select HP accessory

See options that ship next business day:
See similar products
  • c06031504.png
ENERGY STAR Product #3UQ76AA#ABA
Starting at $849.99 $699.99
  • Windows 10 Home 64
  • 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 processor
  • Intel® UHD Graphics 630
  • 8 GB memory; 1 TB HDD storage; 128 GB SSD storage
  • 23.8" diagonal Full HD touch display
  • DVD-Writer
I was thinking of getting this one

oh I would love to look into these.. I still will.. but by the time I add all the items to go with it it would be out of my price range.. but you know I would love it..just have to save money for the xmas lens I want..

That HP looks a bit behing the curve IMO, I'd be looking for at least 16GB RAM now and at least a 512GB SSD.
okay will have to hold out for a bit then.. but very good of all of you to help

but by the time I add all the items to go with it it would be out of my price range.. but you know I would love it..just have to save money for the xmas lens I want.

As the above comment the one in the link you posted is below what you need for editing. I guess part of it depends on how far you want to go. Digital is a two step process, you need the camera and glass, but you also need the processing capability to fully utilize the camera. Should you decide to go with something like Adobe subscription plan, Lightroom really needs at least 12 GB of ram to work, and 16 is better and a 128 GB SSD will barely hold Winbloat. Just a suggestion, but you might want to look at a laptop as opposed to a desktop. Later if you want you can always add an external monitor.

Consider storing them online. Cloud storage isn't that expensive and that way if your machine dies you always have that backup.

If you put them on your current dying PC and then buy a Mac, they will transfer all of your data and programs for free. And you'll also get cloud storage for a certain amount of space for free as well (can't remember the amount--I have 39,000 photos on my iCloud account so I'm paying for that rather than free).

Last edited:
as far as space on my c drive .. I have 3/4 space left ..I only use 1/4 for all these files.. mine is an 8 GB..i want to stick with HP..since I have been using them for the last 20 years.. they have been very reliable for me.. until I put the 10 in.. then I had some issues and went back to windows 7 .. the vista was also very good for me.. XP was the very best..

but by the time I add all the items to go with it it would be out of my price range.. but you know I would love it..just have to save money for the xmas lens I want.

As the above comment the one in the link you posted is below what you need for editing. I guess part of it depends on how far you want to go. Digital is a two step process, you need the camera and glass, but you also need the processing capability to fully utilize the camera. Should you decide to go with something like Adobe subscription plan, Lightroom really needs at least 12 GB of ram to work, and 16 is better and a 128 GB SSD will barely hold Winbloat. Just a suggestion, but you might want to look at a laptop as opposed to a desktop. Later if you want you can always add an external monitor.
okay now I understand.. I am not a professional.. I just do this photography etc as a hobby.. so I don't think I need anything exceptional as far as editing.. right now I have picasa .. it seems very good.. for what I need.. my main concern is I don't want to lose some precious photos.. and this pc in my opinion.. is on its last leg.. I appreciate all the learning I did today though.. my head is woozy but I was able to consume most of it..lol.. but you guys are way more pro then I will ever be,.

until I put the 10 in.. then I had some issues and went back to windows 7 .. the vista was also very good for me.. XP was the very best..

Bless your heart, I lost a good chunk of my hair when I installed Win10, and every time they update I lose a little more, but unfortunately it's the way it is.

until I put the 10 in.. then I had some issues and went back to windows 7 .. the vista was also very good for me.. XP was the very best..

Bless your heart, I lost a good chunk of my hair when I installed Win10, and every time they update I lose a little more, but unfortunately it's the way it is.
yes updates can turn into a nightmare.. this windows 7 is at the peak of updates as of 2020. they won't be updating anymore.. I wonder if that's a bad thing..the last update I got last week caused my printer to stop working.. and then setting up the new printer was awful. those updates destroyed so much.. even now I had it all working well from picasa to upload pics when I wanted to.. now omg I have to hunt. damn updates.. thank you I had fox Mozilla and now the update put me back to internet explorer.. now I want to go back to fox...but afraid the printer won't work if I do.. oh hell I will try it anyway..just not today.. lol

I have an HP Pavilion, Windows 7, that I haven't updated! lol (and am buying a new computer myself - soon!). Yes, the Western Digital (WD) external hard drive will work with Windows 7, and yep, it just plugs in. So you should be able to put copies of your files on the hard drive and then put copies on your new computer so they'll be in two places. Just make sure a new computer has ports for the external drive to plug into. (and that it takes whatever media cards you use).

I'm getting one from a computer store in the city near me that has options. What I don't like about ones from chain stores like Best Buy etc. is they only have midpriced ones geared for the general public, for gaming, etc. Those would have features I'd never use anyway. I don't really want to spend the money on more memory (16 instead of 8) but am going to, because I know if I don't I'll probably be sorry later! But maybe you wouldn't use that much memory to be worth the cost.

I use Photoshop Elements, just bought it, no subscription (it just seems the subscriptions are promoted more). I don't do much editing, just mostly brightening up esp. for printing, adjusting contrast, that's about it. I'm a longtime film photographer so early on I learned how to frame and compose the way I want and how to get proper exposures. It sounds like you'd be fine with the Picasa you have now or something similar would do the trick.

thank you Sharon.. you helped me a lot.. and very easy reading your info.. I appreciate it... yes going to buy the WD .. external hard drive.. and then yes transfer to new pc and keep on the WD too,, yes I don't need to go past *memory.. I have so much left on this one.. I only used a quarter of the pie.. you might want to look into HP itself.. instead of the chain stores.. they give free delivery and they have all kinds of you build options on some models.. thank you very much..

When we were in business, we utilized both custom and off the shelf models. By and large I couldn't tell a lot of difference one way or the other on longevity. Usually technology was the limiting factor. Before I bought this last one, I had looked into the cost of a custom built desktop from a local shop. It was going to cost considerably more then what I ended up paying for the laptop with less features.

Most reactions

Back