I will take care of my love

This has nice light, and concept. This is actually a pretty cool shot, and I don't normally care for baby portraiture. The only thing is, the background is noisy. So it looks like you used a high ISO. Could you spare the EXIF data for us and post it in the thread? ISO, aperture, shutter speed, focal length, etc.

Keep shooting!

This has nice light, and concept. This is actually a pretty cool shot, and I don't normally care for baby portraiture. The only thing is, the background is noisy. So it looks like you used a high ISO. Could you spare the EXIF data for us and post it in the thread? ISO, aperture, shutter speed, focal length, etc.

Keep shooting!
THANKS
THE EXIF
Canon EOS 60D
Exposure 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture f/13.0
38 mm lens
ISO 100 speed

I think the noise seems to be the defendant, however I have to look at the raw, I had not realized

While this is nicely captured, I think it is pretty bright and the size of the man really dwarfs the real center of interest which is the baby.

Please consider both cropping to diminish the importance of the man in the picture while increasing the feeling.
I would also consider cutting back on the light some and actually darkeneing the man's back to keep the viewer's eye on the baby.

$6958874901_cb9a552261_blllllll.jpg

Very interesting concept, but kind of an alarming result for me, personally. That's not necessarily bad... just my reaction.

My intention was to make the photo with the baby asleep, to look like a sweeter picture
clear eyes open gives perhaps feeling that he is afraid the baby

I like the original :D Are you using photoshop? Open channels, select the load channels as selection (little * at bottom of panel), then go to Select- Inverse, then Curves. Then drop the blacks a little bit, it helps IMO :D

While this is nicely captured, I think it is pretty bright and the size of the man really dwarfs the real center of interest which is the baby.

Please consider both cropping to diminish the importance of the man in the picture while increasing the feeling.
I would also consider cutting back on the light some and actually darkeneing the man's back to keep the viewer's eye on the baby.

View attachment 4000

While the crop is not a bad idea, the skin tones in this edit are not very pleasing.

Very interesting concept, but kind of an alarming result for me, personally. That's not necessarily bad... just my reaction.

alarming?

My intention was to make the photo with the baby asleep, to look like a sweeter picture
clear eyes open gives perhaps feeling that he is afraid the baby

Yeah, that's basically it... the look on the baby's face is a little odd. Combined with the strange position and the baby being held above, it makes it look like he's afraid he's about to fall or something.

I do think it's a neat idea, I just think it wound up being slightly peculiar in this moment that was captured.

I like the original :D Are you using photoshop? Open channels, select the load channels as selection (little * at bottom of panel), then go to Select- Inverse, then Curves. Then drop the blacks a little bit, it helps IMO :D
If I use photoshop but I have another version contrasted
The point is that to be more contrast there is much difference between the skin of potatoes and baby
why leave it so

Thank you very much for your comment

View attachment 4000

While the crop is not a bad idea, the skin tones in this edit are not very pleasing.

Are you using photoshop? Open channels, select the load channels as selection (little * at bottom of panel), then go to Select- Inverse, then Curves. Then drop the blacks a little bit, it helps IMO :D

I've tried to puzzle out this suggestion and I can't figure out what you are saying to do.
Would you make this a bit more detailed?

Most reactions

Back