I woke up determined to set out and start a new art trend today...

I am going to Waverly Sanatorium on 3/30 for an overnight. I can't wait for that one!

As a Patient? (running, ducking.. Hiding!) lol! :p

Actually.. that sounds really fun! Looking forward to seeing your shots! :)

I actually like the window... it is a touch of brightness, of normality. And the contrast of the window with the rest of the shot...magnifies the gloominess and strangeness of the dark areas! My take, anyway! :)

MLeek said:
There are a lot of places in his stuff that would be cool at night with some lights and gels...
I am going to Waverly Sanatorium on 3/30 for an overnight. I can't wait for that one!

I'll bet! That sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing the pictures (assuming you'll share with us) ;)

First i thought this image lacks a powerful subject; then i realized it is the creeping in darkness/ light that is the subject of the image. But beware, a very sensitive subject; you are tempted to overdo the subject...like a blank image and claiming that to be an abstraction of high degree ;)

Regards :D

I really like this, except for the window and curtains ruin the abstract quality* for me. It takes me out of the wondering, right into reality.

*(based on my personal, tightly defined idea of what abstract is, or should be)
I like the shot but I agree w/ Bitter. The window does take you back to reality.
I see the Abstract school is feeling threatened by the new Creepy Rural-Exploration Semi-Abstract school. Hang in there, guys... There's room for everybody :lol:

I do a lot of inspections of vacant buildings for work, and one time I walked up a set of stairs similar to that, got to the top, and when I turned & looked back down there was an old pair of workboots sitting right in the path I had just walked up. I never saw them on the way up at all, it was pretty creepy.......
Meh... It's happened to me a few times :mrgreen:

LOVE creepy rural exploration abstract. Have you checked out The Kingston Lounge Blog? LOVE his creepy stuff. That link is the ones of the naval shipyard.The third one in the set makes my skin get all creepy feeling.
I can spend HOURS looking through his stuff.
I had seen photos of that place, but not by this photographer... Looks like a place I'd spent a few days having fun in! Thanks for the link, cool stuff.

It really makes you wonder what happened there, the story behind it all. That would be a cool place to go to at night with some lighting. I'm sure you could really come up with some creepy but interesting stuff.
The one time I tried that, the owner of the property showed up and kicked all of us out (there were four of us). I might do it again sometime, but need to find an even more isolated house to avoid surprises...

There are a lot of places in his stuff that would be cool at night with some lights and gels...
THAT sounds like a cool idea! I look forward to seeing your photos (assuming they'll let you return :))

I actually like the window... it is a touch of brightness, of normality. And the contrast of the window with the rest of the shot...magnifies the gloominess and strangeness of the dark areas! My take, anyway! :)
I agree with you and Mark.

Thank you all for joining the movement :)

As a Patient? (running, ducking.. Hiding!) lol! :p

Actually.. that sounds really fun! Looking forward to seeing your shots! :)

Well, there is some family history of instability... schizophrenia...

I like the concept but the window bothers me. Perhaps a shadow on it, creepy branches or a vague humanoid shape, it just seems too bright.

invisible said:
Sorry, with that attitude you're not allowed on the bandwagon :)

Fine with me cause it smells like raccoon poop in that bandwagon.
Should'a wiped your shoes off better.

...and came up with the concept of "Creepy Rural-Exploration Semi-Abstract".

This thing is already a thing so your new thing is not really a new thing except to you. Pic is a nice start though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back