I woke up determined to set out and start a new art trend today...

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...and came up with the concept of "Creepy Rural-Exploration Semi-Abstract".

p760662424-4.jpg

So when this movement becomes big, remember where it all started :cool:

(The real title of this image is "The Voices Downstairs", by the way.)

Last edited:
Sweet shot! Goosebumps! :) (yea.. it needs the DOLL!) ;)

I like the photograph although I feel like it's missing something, not sure what though. I almost wish I could see a shadow from candle light or something on the wall.

Interesting concept. I like the potential of this style and will see what I can come up with as well. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sweet shot! Goosebumps! :) (yea.. it needs the DOLL!) ;)
I had the doll with me that day... but the right spot for her in this frame would've been down in the corner... Problem is, the darker stuff on the stairs are racoon droppings. As evil as she is, Sybil doesn't deserve to model among piles of crap :)

I like the photograph although I feel like it's missing something, not sure what though.
It's missing Sybil :) (I agree 100% that a defined subject would've been interesting to have, but then again this wouldn't have been the abstract image I was in the mood for making that day. Plus, remember the droppings.)

Interesting concept. I like the potential of this style and will see what I can come up with as well. Thanks for the inspiration.
Cool. I really didn't set up to launch any movements of course, but trying different things can only help one's art evolve.

Thanks guys for supporting the movement! ;)

imagine the doll levitating either vertically or in a horizontal position.. just coming up the stairs! No poop.. no mess... and shivers for all! lol!

It is a great shot... doll or no doll! We just had so much fun with Sybil! :)

I really like this, except for the window and curtains ruin the abstract quality* for me. It takes me out of the wondering, right into reality.

*(based on my personal, tightly defined idea of what abstract is, or should be)

I like it!
No need to put poor freaky Sybil down there with the racoon poop. She's creepy, but no need to punish the poor girl.

I do a lot of inspections of vacant buildings for work, and one time I walked up a set of stairs similar to that, got to the top, and when I turned & looked back down there was an old pair of workboots sitting right in the path I had just walked up. I never saw them on the way up at all, it was pretty creepy.......

...and came up with the concept of "Creepy Rural-Exploration Semi-Abstract".

p760662424-4.jpg

So when this movement becomes big, remember where it all started :cool:

(The real title of this image is "The Voices Downstairs", by the way.)
LOVE creepy rural exploration abstract. Have you checked out The Kingston Lounge Blog? LOVE his creepy stuff. That link is the ones of the naval shipyard.The third one in the set makes my skin get all creepy feeling.
I can spend HOURS looking through his stuff.

MLeeK said:
LOVE creepy rural exploration abstract. Have you checked out The Kingston Lounge Blog? LOVE his creepy stuff. That link is the ones of the naval shipyard.The third one in the set makes my skin get all creepy feeling.

It really makes you wonder what happened there, the story behind it all. That would be a cool place to go to at night with some lighting. I'm sure you could really come up with some creepy but interesting stuff.

I like the shot but I agree w/ Bitter. The window does take you back to reality.
Damn windows!! Why do houses always have to have windows!! Don't they know what you shoot!!!!
Keep shooting babe!!!
I miss Sybil too!! I hope she is doing well in the trunk of your car....=)

I agree about the window. I've been looking at this since yesterday and I think cropping the window would leave you with a good abstract (sort of) image with at least as much creepy feeling as it has with the window.

Great as always, Invisible. I kinda disagree about the window, though. I like it there. It'd be a complicated process, but it could not only be cropped, but cloned out as well. But, I like it there. I think it adds a bit of realism. If you were to crop it out, you'd lose most of the wall, and the stairs past the turn; no good. I would have, however, liked to have seen more of the window in-frame. Either way, I think it works perfectly just the way it is.

Kudos. :thumbsup:
Mark

MLeeK said:

It really makes you wonder what happened there, the story behind it all. That would be a cool place to go to at night with some lighting. I'm sure you could really come up with some creepy but interesting stuff.
There are a lot of places in his stuff that would be cool at night with some lights and gels...
I am going to Waverly Sanatorium on 3/30 for an overnight. I can't wait for that one!

Most reactions

Back