I wonder why...

mitake

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
... many photos posted on this forum suck so much, and yet they get very positive feedback?.. I'm new to this photo forum thing, and have been here for just a month, maybe I'm missing something?

:)

If you think a picture sucks, just say so. Nobody's stopping you. It's all in the tone, but I don't think there's a rule here that says you're only allowed to praise a picture.
But, I think the most of us here know that constructive criticism works better than merely saying that things suck. You should give it a try.

pascal

mitake said:
... many photos posted on this forum suck so much, and yet they get very positive feedback?.. I'm new to this photo forum thing, and have been here for just a month, maybe I'm missing something?

:)

well, I read (and wrote) some serious critizism, even saying that I do not like a photo at all.

however, since people are friendly in here, often we also find the good things in an image and not only the bad things. so for an image that won't make it into National Geographic you would still also get some positive feedback.

maybe it is just because we do not use the word "suck" .. but instead we make suggestions how to improve the picture ;)

Alex_B said:
maybe it is just because we do not use the word "suck" .. but instead we make suggestions how to improve the picture ;)

Yeah. Telling sombody something "sucks' is useless. Offering feedback as to what can be impoved upon is much more effective, not to mention polite.

"suck" is a word I would only use regarding my very own pictures ;)

OK, I've used the wrong word (English is not my mother tongue).
Apologies if anyone got offended.

But! nobody actually answered my question!

Anyway, just disregard this. It's been a tough day...

hmmm.. I think we did answer the question.

90% of my own pictures "suck" .. still I do post them and get some positive feedback.. but I also get some negative, as in how to improve them. you just have to read for that subtle critizism in some posts ... not everything is put forward so bluntly and many people put critizism into polite words ( which you maybe might not recognize as being bad critizism ;) )

anyway, we all have those tough days ... weeks ... :)

mitake said:
OK, I've used the wrong word (English is not my mother tongue).
Apologies if anyone got offended.

But! nobody actually answered my question

??? Where in my response did I NOT answer your question? I think you really should read better. Maybe it's the English thing, combined with a bad day.
And if your question isn't answered, try refrasing your question, because I really want to know what you did mean.

pascal

wow.. this thread is really developing ;)

well, it is 155 minutes past imdnight here... so i better go to bed now ;)

ANS oldnavy, I'm overtaking you in terms of post count :p .. I was behind yesterday ...

mitake said:
Puscas, having a bad day too? Calm down, chill out. :lol:

it takes more than this to give me a bad day. :wink: No seriously, what did you mean? What is the question you wanted to ask?

pascal

Most reactions

New Topics

Back