What's new

I would love to hear your thoughts...

I've been coming back to this for the past couple of hours because I like it but I'm not sure why so I can't put it into words. I just like it for some reason.

As to the arc at the top that was the first thing I was going to mention as well, but then I started scrolling up and down so the arc was there and then it was gond and then it was there and then it was gone. When it isn't there it gives the shot a different feel, not necessarily better or worse, just different.

Sorry, not much help but it's just one of those shots I like and don't know why. Guess I'll just say "Well Done" and let it go at that ;)
 
Bitter, thanks for the suggestion on how to fix my formatting problem. I'll have to play around with it (on my computer now). I also bow to your expertise. Like I said, it's probably my bias as an organist and would depend on what he was going for initially. I definitely think it's a great photo, but those were some thoughts I had.

As for the organ, no, it's not a particularly big one (looks to be about 23 stops), but it at least has the styling of an older organ console and quite possibly a tracker organ. Kudos to the organist if it indeed is one. I'd be interested in where/what the organ is. I kind of have a goal of starting a series of organ photos at least from around town, and further as I get to it. As I said, I think organs are works of art in and of themselves, but I feel like most photos of organs are quite bland.

Here's a link to a set of photos from my first organ attempt. There are things I wish I'd done differently, but it gives you an idea of what I'm hoping to achieve...

Englewood Christian Church - a set on Flickr
 
Wonderful photos Bitter! Exactly what I wish to be able to do some day. I feel I should recognize that organ. The stained glass window is very familiar, but alas it's been a while since my studies and several organs were built around round stained glass windows such as that.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #20
I've been coming back to this for the past couple of hours because I like it but I'm not sure why so I can't put it into words. I just like it for some reason.

As to the arc at the top that was the first thing I was going to mention as well, but then I started scrolling up and down so the arc was there and then it was gond and then it was there and then it was gone. When it isn't there it gives the shot a different feel, not necessarily better or worse, just different.

Sorry, not much help but it's just one of those shots I like and don't know why. Guess I'll just say "Well Done" and let it go at that ;)

hahah, no, that's fine... thank you. I should post the full shot so folks can see the top of the organ. I went back and looked. It's actually more interesting than I remember.

As for the organ, no, it's not a particularly big one (looks to be about 23 stops), but it at least has the styling of an older organ console and quite possibly a tracker organ. Kudos to the organist if it indeed is one. I'd be interested in where/what the organ is. I kind of have a goal of starting a series of organ photos at least from around town, and further as I get to it. As I said, I think organs are works of art in and of themselves, but I feel like most photos of organs are quite bland.

Here's a link to a set of photos from my first organ attempt. There are things I wish I'd done differently, but it gives you an idea of what I'm hoping to achieve...

Englewood Christian Church - a set on Flickr

Beautiful!

As far as the organ... it's in a church in Revere, MA. I accidentally deleted the email with the location, but if you need it let me know and I can find it. :)


:lol:

Beutiful shots, and even more beautiful proposal. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom