Sebastian_Riel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sebastianriel.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ice-Crystals.jpg
I felt pretty lucky to capture this; the crystals fade so quickly; and finding a place to setup my tripod in deep snow; can be tricky.

Last edited:
Nice shot. This looks like it was a very cold evening as I haven't seen that sort of phenomenon in quite a while.

WesternGuy

Nice catch - I have never seen this effect before, very interesting.

Nice shot. This looks like it was a very cold evening as I haven't seen that sort of phenomenon in quite a while. WesternGuy
Thanks Westernguy :D
Nice catch - I have never seen this effect before, very interesting.
Thanks Robn :D Yeh me neither; until this year.
Wow, I've never seen this before, stunning shot, almost looks like a 'shopped background! Beautiful!
That's sweet; thank you theraven :)

You should submit it here.

Here's another image; a panorama; it was really difficult to get this shot; in fact when I swinged the camera back to take another panorama; it had all disappeared.
ice-crystalspano.jpg

Wow. Really nice capture! What causes this to happen?

Whoa! I cannot describe just how much I love the shots! especially the second one, where does this happen I've never seen anything like it before?

Thanks guys. I believe it's just light crystals forming in the air; and the light pollution reflects off the frozen water. That's my guess anyhow. I live here in Saskatoon; you can find more photos on my website Sebastian Riel Dimnik Actually it's usually very dry in the winter season. I've taken a lot of photos at night; and I never seen anything quite like it :)

Most reactions

Back