Ice Lamp

STL WRX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Just some ice we've gotten today. I did 3 different styles: Color, BW, and a warming filter in CS2.

1. Color
Lamp-Ice-Color.jpg

2. BW
Lamp-Ice-BW.jpg

3. Warming Filter
Lamp-Ice-Warm.jpg

Another variation...

Lamp-Ice-Skinny1.jpg

you obviously like the angle, so it doesnt really matter what anyone else thinks about it. personally, i dont really care for it either, but it is still a nice picture. i like the color one the most, but the B&W is nice too.

The angle for me is just askew and different, at first I didn't like it at all but the more I played with it the more I liked it. It's different and different is good.

The angle for me is just askew and different, at first I didn't like it at all but the more I played with it the more I liked it. It's different and different is good.

i agree that different is good. a lot of my shots are what i would call different too.

after having another look, but viewing the pictures without the browser toolbar cutting a portion of them off, i have to say the angle isnt as "bad" as i originally thought. its actually a lot nicer than i first thought. ill have to keep in mind that i need to view the images full screen from now on, before i post comments. :lol:

Hey, like I said when you sent them to me the black & White is my favorite . And I think the angle is awesome.... gives the picture a really kool look. You guys got more of an icing then we did. lol. Great job on the photos, love them. :thumbup: :)

i agree that different is good. a lot of my shots are what i would call different too.

after having another look, but viewing the pictures without the browser toolbar cutting a portion of them off, i have to say the angle isnt as "bad" as i originally thought. its actually a lot nicer than i first thought. ill have to keep in mind that i need to view the images full screen from now on, before i post comments. :lol:

lol different is not always good if it has no purpose. in the future, when taking oblique images, think about why u are taking them at their angle. to create a dizzy feeling? to line up the frame with an angle in the shot for geometrical purposes? i can see these being legit reasons, but for a lamp- not in my opinion.

difference for the sake of difference means nothing to me

as long as the image looks good to you though, dont change it (obviously).

edit: i like the DOF and the bw version best

as long as the image looks good to you though, dont change it (obviously).

Looks great to me and everyone else on other forums I've showed it too. It's also in the standings on my automotive talk forum as photo of the month. So different is good... and different doesn't have to have purpose behind it, thats why it's different. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back