Ice Storm Aftermath

goodguy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We had in Ontario an ice storm which initially left about 350000 people with no power (me among them).
Its 3 days after the storm and still 70000 people are without power and they are forced to leave their homes as they have no way to heat it, not best way to celebrate Christmas :(
But on a more positive side it did have one positive thing, it left everything with a coat of ice, it looks like everything is covered with crystals.

AE1_5281_zpsb9c3b205.jpg

AE1_5309_zpsf226c58a.jpg

AE1_5354_zps3d219509.jpg

AE1_5454_zps79dccf04.jpg

AE1_5457_zps8e16d028.jpg

AE1_5466_zps744d9555.jpg

AE1_5472_zps3430fec1.jpg

AE1_5405_zps315d463a.jpg

AE1_5392_zpsbcafddf4.jpg

Nice shots - I hope your power's back on by now! *Looks at thermometer reading '+8' and does the "I live in Victoria Happy Dance!"*

I like #4 the best- I was disappointed when the storm tracked below me, I really wanted to take photos of the ice. All I got was 35+ cm of snow, all of which I had to shovel. I'm jealous

Nice shots - I hope your power's back on by now! *Looks at thermometer reading '+8' and does the "I live in Victoria Happy Dance!"*
+8c :(

Sure rub it in ;)

It was -15c here today and yes we got our power is back after 18 hours, gotta tell you it was cold in the house till we got the power back. Some of my less fortunate friends had to go home and drain the water so their pipes will not crack once the house goes sub zero.

I like #4 the best- I was disappointed when the storm tracked below me, I really wanted to take photos of the ice. All I got was 35+ cm of snow, all of which I had to shovel. I'm jealous
Trust me you should be happy, loosing power when its so cold outside is no fun but yes the pictures is a little compensation :)

Sure rub it in ;)

It was -15c here today and yes we got our power is back after 18 hours, gotta tell you it was cold in the house till we got the power back. Some of my less fortunate friends had to go home and drain the water so their pipes will not crack once the house goes sub zero.
Ouch!

Sure rub it in ;)

Ouch!
I was in Vancouver few months ago with my family, gorgeous city.
Maybe I will move there when I retire, your weather is much better then ours.

Sure rub it in ;)

Ouch!
Dude, almost everyone's weather is better than yours (except maybe Winnipeg)!

Sure rub it in ;)

Ouch!
Maybe I will move there when I retire, your weather is much wetter than ours.

There, I fixed that for you. I know it is much warmer there but at what cost? Webbed feet?

I kid I kid. My sister lives on the wet side of Washington and I live on the dry side. I will take a little bit of snow any day over days and days of rain.

Merry Christmas to all! Great photos!

Wow these photos are so beautiful .... what absolute talent you have to capture this natural event o majestically ...they are vivid and crisp I feel like I am there...just wow!

Dude, almost everyone's weather is better than yours (except maybe Winnipeg)!

And Yellowknife :mrgreen:

Maybe I will move there when I retire, your weather is much wetter than ours.

There, I fixed that for you. I know it is much warmer there but at what cost? Webbed feet?

I kid I kid. My sister lives on the wet side of Washington and I live on the dry side. I will take a little bit of snow any day over days and days of rain.

Merry Christmas to all! Great photos!

Good point, you saved Toronto's honor ;)

They are all great shots but I really love #2, followed very shortly thereafter by #1.

No.2 is also my favorite :)

Wow these photos are so beautiful .... what absolute talent you have to capture this natural event o majestically ...they are vivid and crisp I feel like I am there...just wow!

Sharp pics is due to a simple, cheap and VERY effective prime lens, my beloved 50mm 1.4D, when you are ready to get this type of lens we talked about let me know, and of course the D7100 which is my LOVE :)

Nicely captured. This is all too familiar but it does make for good pictures.
Yes I am sure you see it around you.

BTW did you lost your power or you are one of the lucky ones that didnt

They are all great shots but I really love #2, followed very shortly thereafter by #1.

No.2 is also my favorite :)

Sharp pics is due to a simple, cheap and VERY effective prime lens, my beloved 50mm 1.4D, when you are ready to get this type of lens we talked about let me know, and of course the D7100 which is my LOVE :)

Nicely captured. This is all too familiar but it does make for good pictures.
Yes I am sure you see it around you.

BTW did you lost your power or you are one of the lucky ones that didnt

thank you so much for all your help and definitely will look into this lens.. appreciate it very much

Most reactions

New Topics

Back