What's new

Icebergs in NL

HDPIX

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 9, 2008
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Newfoundland, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these shots on May 17, this past Saturday, in St. John's, NFLD, Canada. They don't have too much of a professional "look" to them, but I thought I'd share them anyway! :) They were taken from Signal Hill, I didn't have any other option/way to get closer to them (and these were the only two we saw this day).
Comments & any feedback are always appreciated! =)

#1
2514186895_1e0ed5031a.jpg


#2
2515028630_7af62079e5.jpg


#3
2514214641_16f9155a25.jpg


#4
2514240217_ca86099773.jpg


#5
2515212636_304c24e078.jpg


Thanks for viewing!
-Heather
 
I like #4, there is some cool "layering" of the foreground and a nice sky
 
I'd say you've done as well at capturing them as you could. I like #2 the most, looks like some beautiful water. I think that building (and lighthouse?) way down there would make a really nice photo if you have a zoom lens.

How fast do the icebergs move?

JC
 
Thank you Coldow & JCphoto!
JCphoto; it seems that, while looking at them, that they will never move! But once you turn your head they could be in a whole new place. It depends on wind direction and ocean currents. Sometimes they will move faster than others. Very interesting pieces of nature!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom