Iceland Day 1

spacefuzz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just spent two amazing weeks in Iceland, so many photos to process! On one day had amazing light from 8 pm to 4 am, I collapsed from exaustion once it was over. Some images from the first day are below, as always C&C is appreciated.

1. Langjokull Glacier

_DSC6461-Edit%20copy.jpg

2. Gullfoss

3. Strokkur Geyser
_DSC6239%20copy.jpg

#1 and especially#2 are wonderful. #3 is an interesting subject, but the image leaves me a bit flat.
That is a place I hope to go to some day.

#1 and especially#2 are wonderful. #3 is an interesting subject, but the image leaves me a bit flat.
That is a place I hope to go to some day.

Thanks, my wife also didnt care much for #3. She liked the version with the full steam plume so might try that one next.

Super jealous. You had amazing weather! Most of my time there was pretty grey. Really fantastic photo's Matthew.

Thanks :) Of the 14 days there I think it rained for 8 days...I think there is still condensation in my lenses after a week of drying them out. At least the images are moody.

I think #3 could benefit from some punchier processing:

p366856343-4.jpg

The sky is coming across as more dramatic than the geyser. My edit may be over the top, but I was trying to get the geyser to pop a bit more.
I reset blackpoint, lightened the foreground with selective ADL, and darkened the blue of the sky at the top of the frame. (Capture NX2)
I applied some structure using the Nik Viveza Plugin in CS6.

Hope you don't mind the edit. Purely subjective of course.

S

I think #3 could benefit from some punchier processing:

The sky is coming across as more dramatic than the geyser. My edit may be over the top, but I was trying to get the geyser to pop a bit more.
I reset blackpoint, lightened the foreground with selective ADL, and darkened the blue of the sky at the top of the frame. (Capture NX2)
I applied some structure using the Nik Viveza Plugin in CS6.

Hope you don't mind the edit. Purely subjective of course.

S

I dont mind at all, thanks good things to think about.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back