Photos NOT OK to edit
p1878242090-5.jpg

really nice!

and
- hate that fence
- I'm not that sure bout other pony
- it seems a bit overprocessed, grass is too sharp

anyway jmo

Do you hate the fence because it's there or because it is barbed wire?

I am trying to learn LR much better and will probably take out the fencing when I eventually print these.
While in Iceland, I watched a LR magician work and I'm trying to recapitulate his techniques.

(he shoots in manual with iso bracketing in difficult light so I plan on trying that also. I wish I had had that suggestion before Iceland.
There is no 'open shade' in iceland; there are no trees.
There is either sun or overcast (or snow or rain)

I hate it because it's there, on the picture and there in the field

I am trying to learn LR much better and will probably take out the fencing when I eventually print these.
While in Iceland, I watched a LR magician work and I'm trying to recapitulate his techniques.
(he shoots in manual with iso bracketing in difficult light so I plan on trying that also. I wish I had had that suggestion before Iceland.
well, it's nice to be motivated with something different (I'm also motivated by getting a film camera from sparky's "giving away" thread ):)

As I remember there weren't any barbs and the fence wasn't electrified. Just there to keep the ponies from wandering into adject areas.
The lava fields seem to be quite dangerous, lots of foot-size crevasses and slippery moss.
So fencing them off seems appropriate.

Great photo, and I agree, it will be better when you lose the fence.

IMO, the wire really hurts the scene; the post doesn't bother me overly, but the wire (like overhead wires) is a sharp grain of sand in my mental appreciation of this image.

Trust me if you go there you'll be glad there is a fence. These guys are not aggressive but they WILL eat your clothes if they get anywhere near you. It's kind of hilariously adorable and terrifying to watch at the same time.

Nice image, I like the fence as a 'the grass is always greener' sense :biglaugh:

Thanks all.
I went to Iceland specifically to spend a day with Ragnar Th Sigurdsson. ( Arctic Images) He is an Icelandic photographer who does a lot of nature/glacier/volcano work and, besides the photography, is one truly amazing photo editor.
I left that day completely bowled over. He works on a Hackintosh that is faster than any destop I have ever seen and he does things with Lightroom alone that are gob-smacking.
If you ever have a big lump of money and want to take a workshop in a foreign country, that's where I would choose to go.

Thanks all.
I went to Iceland specifically to spend a day with Ragnar Th Sigurdsson. ( Arctic Images) He is an Icelandic photographer who does a lot of nature/glacier/volcano work and, besides the photography, is one truly amazing photo editor.
I left that day completely bowled over. He works on a Hackintosh that is faster than any destop I have ever seen and he does things with Lightroom alone that are gob-smacking.
If you ever have a big lump of money and want to take a workshop in a foreign country, that's where I would choose to go.

I think LR is underrated, especially by those that learned first on PS.

IMO, the wire really hurts the scene; the post doesn't bother me overly, but the wire (like overhead wires) is a sharp grain of sand in my mental appreciation of this image.

This is perfect. I'd PS that out, personally. Might take a bit of time to get it perfect, but it would catapult this image to greatness.

:)

Jake

I think LR is underrated, especially by those that learned first on PS.

It certainly was by me. Lr is more like object oriented programming language and PS is more like a procedural language.

This is perfect. I'd PS that out, personally. Might take a bit of time to get it perfect, but it would catapult this image to greatness.

Thanks, Jake.
I have revised my belief that PPing is 60% of the final image. I think that PPing is neareer 80%.
With a glare-y bright sky and dark below there is no way to get this right SOOC.

Trust me if you go there you'll be glad there is a fence. These guys are not aggressive but they WILL eat your clothes if they get anywhere near you. It's kind of hilariously adorable and terrifying to watch at the same time.

Many a nude Icelandic citizen can attest to their ferocity.

Oh I think the image is swell.

Most reactions

Back