ICM floral

Love the soft colors and curved lines you’ve got in this. I know how difficult it can be to get a balanced image using ICM. Nicely done!

Thank you. I remember some of your ICM, they were quite lovely.

"I'm sorry you feel that way." That's what you said! Actually...it's not just a feeling it's a negative on the south report. To do this different is actually not possible becuase of the type of IMO. Why did you take this? Then again it looks pretty. I love it as a matter of fact. Just seeing that there is a comment on the typical photo that doesn't seem to bring up "feelings;" artistically that is, whatsoever.

This image is all about subtle colors and simulated motion, and you have done a magnificent job in portraying these two elements. I love it!

"I'm sorry you feel that way." That's what you said! Actually...it's not just a feeling it's a negative on the south report. To do this different is actually not possible becuase of the type of IMO. Why did you take this? Then again it looks pretty. I love it as a matter of fact. Just seeing that there is a comment on the typical photo that doesn't seem to bring up "feelings;" artistically that is, whatsoever.

Umm, what?....Type of IMO?? .....A negative feeling on the south report??? You said you thought it needed more saturation, I simply said I was sorry you felt that way and said I preferred the paler colors and that it was my artistic choice to go that way, thats all. I have no idea what you mean by negative on the south report or type of IMO.....??? You asked why did I take this. It's what I do. ICM and creative blur is all I do now. It is not a style for everyone, and I understand that. I said in my welcome thread I do not consider myself a photographer, I am a visual artist and photography is simply my medium. I process them to look the way I want them to look, it is my artistic choice. If other don;t care for it, fine, that is their prerogative.

Last edited:
This image is all about subtle colors and simulated motion, and you have done a magnificent job in portraying these two elements. I love it!

Thanks you Rhynetc :1247:

This is a finished image. I prefer to use more muted pastel colors rather than bold harsh colors, at least in most of my floeal images. This is a single shot ICM, done totally in camera. Minimal editing for crop, color etc. iso 100, f\13 at 0.6 seconds, natural light from a window only.

ICM by Carolyn Maguire, on Flickr
Beautiful, Carol! I love these light colors and your sweeping lines. I've missed your work!

I do see the small light dots that are being commented on. They are perfectly round in shape, not in any symmetrical pattern that I can tell. I'm at a loss as to what could be scattering them across your frame like this. :icon_scratch:

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggles with eyesight. Not good under any circumstances, but especially tough to deal with when you're a photographer putting out lovely work like this!

Thanks for the kind words Terri. The spots are from dust on my sensor. Anyway, you're right, it is incredibly difficult losing my sight. But I've researched other legally blind photographers to see how they work. Haven't hit the legally blind just yet, but probably will be in a a few months. I don't intend to give up my art anytime soon. I'm in it till the end.

This is interesting stuff. I have to admit I wasn't sure at first, then I read your welcome (back) post. There's a difference between a blurred picture and a blurry picture, and you capture that perfectly. Well done!

This is interesting stuff. I have to admit I wasn't sure at first, then I read your welcome (back) post. There's a difference between a blurred picture and a blurry picture, and you capture that perfectly. Well done!

Thank you very much DigiFilm.

I like that you make an image as opposed to taking one. I also admire your passion inlieu of your sight challenges. Your image makes me think of John Marin's watercolors. Very elegant imagery.

I like that you make an image as opposed to taking one. I also admire your passion inlieu of your sight challenges. Your image makes me think of John Marin's watercolors. Very elegant imagery.

Thank you jcdeboever.

I, for one, enjoy this type of image. Soft pastel colors definitely have a place in my world. As tirediron said, clear the dust spots and you have a winner!

I, for one, enjoy this type of image. Soft pastel colors definitely have a place in my world. As tirediron said, clear the dust spots and you have a winner!

Thanks Gretsch. I did explain in my other post "ICM painting look alike" about the dust spots. Sorry, I dont know how to link to that thread.

Thanks Gretsch. I did explain in my other post "ICM painting look alike" about the dust spots. Sorry, I dont know how to link to that thread.

I hope you don't mind that I took the liberty to do it for you so others may read your thoughts on them

ICM "Painting look alike"

Most reactions

Back