ICM Leaves

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Posting these because I'd like some feedback. I'm planning to have another go at this concept tomorrow because these are not exactly how I pictured them when I started. These are bit too abstract - I think I want the leaves to be a bit more recognizable so will try again. Also may try a different color background. Thoughts?

DSC_0280_8040a.jpg

DSC_0276_8036a.jpg

I didn't recognize leaves until I read your input.
I recognize it now with Fall colors.
so maybe a little less abstract as you mentioned.

and ask for C&C in the thread title.

I like these because of the abstractness. You can tell they are leaves, yet they have that almost transparent softness. I think you did a good job on these.

This type of image, darkish ones with blurs, ghosting, smearing, or streaking can be tough to process; if you add more contrast or more clarity, sometimes that emphasizes the smearing/blurring, but other times it makes the image look too hard, and sometimes the delicateness of the blurring goes away. I think the easiest thing to do is to lighten up the images and only then add the contrast or clarity. This type of image has a pretty narrow 'window' in which it looks good...it's not like many types of shots, which can be shown light,medium,dark,super dark, etc...these depend on a really delicate interaction of detail and lack of detail, so the processing needs to be "just right", which makes this more challenging that just going into bright light and shooting a landscape or a flash-lighted portrait.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. Going to try again and will keep all your comments in mind.

I actually really like #1, it has a nice composition, colors are nice and it's totally recognizable that those are leaves.

I would suggest fixing perspective a bit and tone down the upper right corner so you visually "close" the frame

Most reactions

New Topics

Back