What's new

I'd love some critique! First night photo in Beijing

guadalcanal

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 23, 2012
Messages
47
Reaction score
3
Location
China
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5fenn4.jpg




Here she is! Critique away, you magnificent beasts!
 
I'm not really sure where your focus is. Maybe somewhere around the middle of the building. and you lose it rapidly. You would have done better stopping down the lens with a longer exposure to increase your DOF
 
I thought it was the sign.
 
I had a very low aperature, could that be the problem?
 
I had a very low aperature, could that be the problem?

F/4 is wide open. You need to stop down to a much smaller aperture f/11, 16, etc.) to get the DOF.

To me, the entire image is off-balance. If the receding street is your subject, try cropping in portrait orientation.
 
I thought it was the sign.

Yeah, I'm not sure. It looks like the doorway of the building is kind'a in focus, then the focus goes out and seems to come back in, kind'a, at the front of the building / street sign. Maybe these old eyes are playing tricks on me
 
2264160_large.jpg


Is it better with color and cars?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom