Idea for a photo contest - NEED OPINIONS!

jfrabat

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi you all! There is a photo contest that will take place locally, and it has to be a seies of 6 photos max. The series need to be related by either subject or artistic technique. I was cooking up ideas to throw my hat in the ring (it wold be my first contest), and I thought about doing a series called "Reflections of Costa Rica". I went to a local place here, and took one to see how it could work (mind you, this is just a couple of quick snaps I took while taking my family to a local part, so the photo itself is not the final; I would need to return to this place and retake it), and I think I can pull something like this off:

$_DSC3756-A.jpg

The idea would be not to use only water for reflections, but also sunglasses, windows, rear view mirrors, chrome bumpers and car accesories (hubcaps?), and go to local landmarks that can easily be recognize by locals...

Any comments? Suggestions? Ideas?

Felipe

The foreground is OOF and I think that would kill it immediately. I would suspect a judge might be looking for a sharper image, or "artistic" use of the focus. The stuff floating on the water hides too much of the "post" (if that is what it is) in the reflection. Also, in water reflections, sometimes I suspect the judges might like to see the image of what is being reflected as well as the reflection of the object itself. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back