Ideas for a photobooth

curly

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone on here put together a photo booth that might be able to share your design/ideas?

I recently upgraded my camera and was thinking I could use my old D40 as part of a photobooth setup. I am mostly thinking of this in advance of my brother's wedding, as he has a photog booked but does not plan to pay for a PB. So I thought it would be simple enough to put together a small setup for him to use and then that would give me some gear for future use.

Any suggestions on a flash unit and softbox? Would my Neewer flash work well? Would I hook my D40 directly to my laptop (if I planned to print on site) in order to edit and print on demand? How do you automate this process?

Anything you could share that would help me is appreciated.

No ideas, but I share your desire! I would love to have a photo booth as well!!! Keep us posted!
I have read a few articles where the necessary idea of a "photobooth" is minimized to just a backdrop, lighting, and point & shoot camera! That would make transport a breeze!!

While a photo booth is a fun idea, it is very time consuming for the person running it. It's your brother's wedding, do you really want to miss the whole reception?

While a photo booth is a fun idea, it is very time consuming for the person running it. It's your brother's wedding, do you really want to miss the whole reception?

That's exactly what I was thinking too... If my brother was getting married, the photographer in me would be way more interested in trying to capture those candid moments here and there amoung the guests with a very small camera so I'm not noticed. A Sony A6000 would be great for that purpose. If you do that instead, you can stop taking pictures anytime and still be "present", as opposed to being stuck in the photo booth dealing with people you may never see again.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back