If anyone has any pics taken with the Tamron 90 2.8 macro, would you mind posting?

cannpope

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have found lately that I am very interested in macro work and am considering the Tamron 90 2.8 lens. If anyone has the newest version of this lens, would you be so kind as to maybe post a pic or two that you captured with it? Another question, is it also a good portrait or walk around lens? (I have a D700) Thanks so much :D

If it helps searching on flickr you can find dozens (ok thousands) of photos. Just search Tamron 90mm
tamron 90mm macro - Flickr: Search
Of course there are a few different versions of the lens, so check the listed descriptions/EXIF on the photos (top right normally displays what was taken if its shown in EXIF on flickr). But the majority will be from the most recent and current version of the lens.

You can add Nikon if you want to refine the search further.

I personally love my Tamron and its results. It's def. a lot of fun!

Here are a few of mine..

Amazing Dillard! Those are gorgeous! Those are enough to make me buy one today :)

Its a wonderful lens. I dove into macro work and it has yet to bore me. Theres always something crawling around to take pictures of!

Here's one shot a couple years ago with the Tamron 90mm and the D80. This is a tiny spider. As far as a portrait lens it is slow focusing but that won't be a problem if you focus manually.

Jerry

VenustaOrchardSpider.jpg

Here's one more and then I'll stop.

Jerry

JapaneseBeetlefromSite_filtered.jpg

Most reactions

Back