If I were to upgrade...

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I'm seriously considering upgrading to the Nikon D90. I currently have the D3000, and am still learning a lot. Main reason I want to upgrade is because of the built in motor for the lenses, as well as the ability to have automatic bracketing for HDR (not a feature in the D3000).

Would the D90 be pretty much all I would ever need in a camera? It sure seems like it has more features than I would ever need as just a hobbyist.

the title of your thread fits in perfectly as a replacement for the lyrics to "If I were a Rich Man" from Fiddler on the Roof.......... Now to come up with the rest of the lyrics........

Upgrade from a D3000, eh? Seems great minds think alike....... But why stop at the D90? Why not just dive in head first with th D7000? :lol:

I Keed, I keed.

Before I went with the D7000 I was contemplating the D90 for many of the same reasons and some others. I will tell you that my upgrade turned my D3000 into a paperweight overnight (as likely yours will).... so be forewarned.

You will likely get many replies on why the D90 is more than you need (you silly amateur), or less than you need (why settle for less?), but the D7000 and the D90 are surprisingly similar in their core abilities, and I tell you that even if I do outgrow the D7000 (and I won't) I would want to have it around as a kick around body or backup to anything I would get to replace it. What I would EVER need that the D90 or D7000 doesn't do is beyond me though.....

The plain fact is that anything you buy now will be technologically obsolete in the next hand full of years anyways. Is it as much as you will ever need as an amateur? More than likely........... for now....... until the next generation of earth moving DSLRs comes out.....

FWIW, YMMV, My .02 and all that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back