if placed side-by-side ...

I can imagine that it would!

Ah gotcha, I am vaguely familiar with that locale due to a few plush vacations at the National Training Center in Fort Irwin. :puke:

I would love to spend some time getting to know the area intimately. As I eluded to before, my association with your homeland was limited to running over scrub brush in search of an imaginary enemy. Perhaps I'll find myself back there some day.

I have not seen those but I will definitely take a look around. I always love seeing your work so that's exciting to have an entire site to look at!

I have always enjoyed history but only when I feel the connection between it an myself. I can understand that photographer's desire to remove his emotional connection with the photograph but I would hope he works to preserve that connection with the subject. I can only imagine that beautiful landscapes, such as the ones you produce, would be lifeless without it.

Life is always much more interesting when you can pinpoint pivotal moments within it. That conference sounds like a great achievement!

Ft Irwin. It took me years to get out there to shoot Bitter Springs. A month later I missed the chance to go to Cave Springs. Maybe some other time though; Here's what Bitter Springs looks like from south of the base. I haven't got to the real cool photos I took but here's one of the spring. And here's one of Red Pass dry lake near the springs.

The history out there is brutal. This page tells a little bit of the story, but it was the start of Carleton's campaign against the Paiute Indians, which was horrific for the Indians. But I have another pivotal moment coming up in a few weeks and should get back to work and make sure it pivots the right way :)

Nice shot. Well composed.

In my opinion the contrast and saturation are a little bit too much (it looks a little artificial). But this is just an opinion

Thanks. As I mentioned (may have) the wife and I are discussing what we both think. I think there'll be a bit of and edit down the line.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back