If you are easily offended, move on

Irregardless, both were against the TOS that everybody agrees to so, it is what it is.

So, you abide by the TOS but not infringing on another entity's rights?

If all of us posted random videos we might as well have the admin's rename this youtube...

Oh TPF, you never fail to produce epic amounts of WIN.

"If my wife ever disrespects me I'll hit her" best line of the whole song lol. I heard it and died.

If the video was better, perhaps more people would make it to the end....

Well, you're entitled to your opinion on what is good and what is bad, but not liking something doesn't necessarily deem it offensive.

For what it's worth, I thought the video was pretty funny.

I reported a post by KMH for the exact same thing. Embedding a video with profanity in the title. Now, six hours later, the post by the moderator is still there and this one was deleted. I felt there was bias in the way KMH's posts are handled and this proved it.
You didn't think that maybe it was because the video KmH posted was actually relevant to photography (even if the author chose to use "bad" words in the title), while the video in this thread has absolutely nothing at all to do with photography...?

edit
I assume you are refering to the "**** you, pay me" video that KmH posted.

This one:
https://www.google.com/search?q=****+you,+pay+me&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=ubuntu&channel=fs
(Link to Google, so you don't get offended again. It's the first result - top of the page.)

Last edited:
which got your thread reported by an offended member. Sorry.... :(

Someone who is easily offended came into a thread with a warning for those who are easily offended, then proceeded to report the post for which they had already been forewarned? Go figure... Yeah, some people can't even figure when they seriously need professional help.

Why isn't there a common sense filter on this forum for new members?

Because common sense died a long time ago and it would filter out most of the content. Not good for advertisement dollars :)

It was actually me who reported it. About 3 hours after I reported the video in this post. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-shop-talk/284727-looking-free-business-advice.html

Ironically, the one that contains just as foul language that was posted by a moderator is still there. The one posted by just a 'regular' forum member was deleted.

Interesting to see the double standard played out in real life.

WOW!

It was actually me who reported it. About 3 hours after I reported the video in this post. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-shop-talk/284727-looking-free-business-advice.html

Ironically, the one that contains just as foul language that was posted by a moderator is still there. The one posted by just a 'regular' forum member was deleted.

Interesting to see the double standard played out in real life.

I can't help but ask... Do you never watch TV or Movies? I've seen the video cloudwalker had referenced, and there's no offensive language in the title. Since you're easily offended by foul language, why did you choose to click on it? You don't have that choice in television or movies, but you do here. Yet you chose to report the post anyway, even though you can exercise your right not to look at it.

To my knowledge, embedded videos do not have an "autoplay" feature, and you were forewarned by the title. If I posted a link to an offensive image, would you report it because you clicked on the link and viewed it? It's kind of like finding a cigarette on the ground outside of a 7-11, picking it up, smoking it... Then you decide you don't like it, so you call the police to have 7-11 reported for having free cigarettes for anyone to smoke and die of cancer from openly on the ground.

I just can't understand your logic. Please help me understand. Not trying to be rude, but I really can't wrap my head around your thought processes. Maybe it's the whole, "you're a god lovin' Christian thing" (which is totally fine, I don't judge), and I am a free speech lovin' Atheist... It just fails to compute in my head.

Thanks for not trying to be rude. Honestly, I appreciate it.

For one, I am not a Christian so we can throw that out of the equation.

In regards to the video, I did start to watch it. Watched about half of it before I closed it. Simply didn't care for the style. I just can't think of a better reason for reporting a post. I am more of a Paul Wall, Michael Watt's, Chamilionaire kinda guy.

In any case, I reported this one to see what would happen. WOW! Super WOW! You must be the person that someone invented the famous "With a friend like that, who needs enemies?" saying for. Three hours earlier, I reported a post by KMH for the exact same thing. Embedding a video with profanity in the title. Now, six hours later, the post by the moderator is still there and this one was deleted. I felt there was bias in the way KMH's posts are handled and this proved it.

I reported both posts and both were handled completely differently. Here was the other thread. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-shop-talk/284727-looking-free-business-advice.html

Actually, just went to that thread and KMH himself took it down. It only took 5 hours and a few private messages.

This thread, however was edited in a few minutes. I won't knock KMH any further. He did the right thing and reporting this particular thread to make a point was a jerk think to do. Irregardless, both were against the TOS that everybody agrees to so, it is what it is.

Regarding the video, it wasn't anything special to start with and I have no idea why there was a thread created about it in the first place. If we all just posted random youtube videos that we happened to enjoy, this forum wouldn't have much to do with photography.

"profanity in the title." Where exactly would that be? The title is "Rap Song With 11 Different Accents." Which word here is a profanity according to you almighty self?

From the end of the video:

"If this offended you, you're more sensitive than a little girl
taking things too seriously is the cause of pain for humanity
If we lightened up we'd have more peace in the global community"

Kind of appropriate sentiments to keep in mind around here I thought.

:thumbup:

Set this K guy on fire, it might be the only way for him to lighten up :) But he probably hates the Doors too, lol.

"profanity in the title."

Where exactly would that be? The title is "Rap Song With 11 Different Accents." Which word here is a profanity according to you almighty self?

If we're all being open and honest, the word rap is offensive to me as it insults my musical integrity.

Rap is a genre....just like Selective Colorization...or HDR.:biglaugh:

[Just kidding everyone!]

I have to admit to being extremely narrow minded when it comes to music. If there isn't a stringed instrument in it I generally don't like it.

"profanity in the title." Where exactly would that be? The title is"Rap Song With 11 Different Accents." Which word here is a profanity according to you almighty self?

The profanity was in the youtube preview.

"profanity in the title." Where exactly would that be? The title is"Rap Song With 11 Different Accents." Which word here is a profanity according to you almighty self?

I did not post a preview. Does it not bother you to show yourself as a total idiot forever digging his own hole... deeper and deeper?

Please read your own previous posts before trying to answer again.

I just went and looked at my dictionary and, where the definition was for "absolute jerk" was, I found your picture.

I did not post a preview.

It wasn't you that posted the preview. Youtube automatically embedded it.

Anyway, what I think doesn't matter. If you want to post it, repost it, I don't care. You act like it was me who deleted your post. The moderators decide what do with the reports they get, not me.

In regards to the video, I did start to watch it. Watched about half of it before I closed it. Simply didn't care for the style. I am more of a Paul Wall, Michael Watt's, Chamilionaire kinda guy.

In any case, I reported this one to see what would happen. ... etc.

Wow.. considering the title of the thread, and your reason for reporting it, it seems to me that you're just a plain old fashioned jerk.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back