What's new

if you could make your own camera bag, what features would you put in it?

No one has supported my idea of the bag that "carries itself"
 
The majority of camera bags are ugly and black. I want to see more camera bags that have a fashion sense and don't scream camera bag.

Think Pelican case in a bag. I love to take my camera kayaking, mountain biking and on my motorcycle. I want a case that straps around my back and swings forward to easy access without having to take the bag off my shoulder and rest on tank (Scraches!) Currently I use a Kata DT213. Works great for this. (Many companies make similar bags which would fit this request. But I need a waterproof and somewhat shockproof bag for kayaking. Haven't taken a spill with it yet, but you never know. Currently use a Pelican 1400 for this. Works great. Problem is Pelican cannot be strapped on my back for on the bike and the Kata dropping in the water would be disasterous. Fitting into a larger bag works but not quickly accessible. Ideally a soft outer bag sling, with an insert which would be like a pelican. I started desigining one for a Kata contest a while back but never finished it.
+1


So I'd like to see camera bags that make room for the camera gear, but also take into account storage space for additional gear as well. It also goes without saying that if aiming at the serious heavy weight approach that a fully suitable harness and padding setup is a must for the bag. I would even argue that smaller scale camera backpacks would benefit from a more serious harness assembly. Some smaller lens setups are still very weighty and if the straps don't have enough padding - if the back if not well bulked out and if the waist strap isn't present or is only a rough strap again it limits how much weight distribution the photographer can have and puts more strain on them when moving around.
+1
 
tripod straps, built in filter sleeves, and two jet engines so it doubles as a jet pack.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom