If you could

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Funny how in our lives we fail to make the shots we should have, or never get the chance to make those we would like to so:

tell me this... if you could do it now... living or dead.... whose portrait would you most like to make. You might want to descibe how you would do it.

ooohh...good thread!

i know i should say the first answer that popped into my mind...( Jesus Christ)... but i just think there is a reason we dont know what he really looks like....cause he looks like all of us...
but i think the next best, i would love to have captured the look on simon peters face, after the rooster crowed, and he realized what he had done..

that would capture all the guilt, sadness, and disgust a human carries with them over things in their lives....it would be a great heartwrenching shot...

and if i can be greedy....one more....the look on roosevelts face when he heard the news of pearl harbor... maybe a shot an hour before it happened..then 50 shots the hour he heard..... i bet that would bring you to your knees.....

There's a girl who works out at the gym I go to, and she is simply stunning. I don't think she takes steroids, just is incredibly built up and strong as a bull. In a good way, not a muscle-man kind of way. I'm not much into portraiture, but if I were ever gonna give it a go it would be with her, with B&W film and dramatic studio lighting.

She has straight black hair, beautiful skin tone, and has these superlong fingernails. She kind of intimidates me, really - but wow, does she look photogenic! :thumbup:

And yeah, this is what I think about while suffering through my crunches. :lol:

Hitler in his bunker just before he killed himself. I'd have a portrait shot with him taking up the bottom half sitting in a chair facing towards camera desk behind and bare wall. I don't know what his face would be like, does anybody? Thats what would make it intersting.

I think that some of the best portraits would be of people who bring great emotion to people and hitler is definately one of those figures. It would also be fascinating to see the uncensored real person in his hour of failure.

I couldn't really think of anyone famous that hasn't already been captured but I kept coming back to real people ...

The mother's face when her child stepped on the airplane to go serve his country: the pride, worry, fear, hope, emptiness

The father's face at the precise moment he kisses his baby's head for the first time: the wonder, love, awe, fear

The person who just realized they're in love: the shock, horror, joy, fear and giddiness

Okay ... so I'm in a freak mood today ... these are just spot seconds in time I'd love to be able to capture without being noticed.

For me, I planned to shoot my mother and father as a couple one christmas. I had the plans made to carry them to the studio before we opened presents. Dad died that halloween. I could kick my butt for waiting till it was convenient. The lost is felt everytime i think of it.

i'm sorry mystery..... that makes me sad...

i wish i would have had someone really close that could have taken pictures at my fathers funeral... i have seen a few that others took, and it amazes me how we look like war victims...that is so amazing how grief can ravage you...

The truth is I loved my mom and dad a huge amount. I learned a lot from my dad who wasn't very verbal. I learned it by looking back over the year with a kinder eye. The second great lesson I learned from that was that the person I knew and loved was not in the coffin, it just wasn't anything like my dad. A person once they are no longer animated do not look the same.

I had seen bodies before god know more than I ever wanted to, but it was the first time I noticed how different they looked without the spark of life. It shook me.;

My grandfather. He died when I was seven but passed on to me his love for photography. I have several boxes of slides he took during his lifetime and they are very special.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back