If you had to choose...

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I specificially posted this here on the landscape forums b/c I wanted some feedback.

For you landscape photography people, if you had to choose one lens from your current roster what would it be and why?

I love my EF-S 10-22mm for landscapes. LOVE IT!

Of course, my favorite landscapes to shoot, usually involve mountains and sprawling vistas...so I feel like I want to get as much of the scene into the frame as I can.

I've actually started doing more landscape photography with my 70-200mm....but I still LOVE my 10-22mm.

Ummmm, I don't have to choose only one.

On the DX cameras it would probably be the 12-24mm f/4. For FX, I got the 20mm f/2.8 which I really like and for long hiking would be my choice and certainly will be for street shooting because of its size. However, I just got the 14-24mm f/2.8 and haven't had the chance to put it through its paces yet. But I'm betting it will be my go-to lens for landscapes.

Of mine the Tammy 17-55mm is as crisp as it gets. I usually have to shoot at 19mm so the outer edges dont blur, but all in all an outstanding lens.

I love my EF-S 10-22mm for landscapes. LOVE IT!

Of course, my favorite landscapes to shoot, usually involve mountains and sprawling vistas...so I feel like I want to get as much of the scene into the frame as I can.

I've actually started doing more landscape photography with my 70-200mm....but I still LOVE my 10-22mm.

I don't doubt one bit that the 10-22 is awesome! Any shots with the 70-200mm you can share? I'm curious how it would compare.

for me it would be my Tamron SP24-135. on my 5D, it's very sharp and clear, even in the corners, with good contrast. it's wide enough for most of the shots i want, and offers a more useful 'walkabout' zoom range than shorter UWA zooms.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back