If you knew what you know now, then.

ferny

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.blueyedmuffin.co.uk
Would you still be with/without the same person, in the job you are now, have studied the subjects you did back then?

Well, I'm still young yet...but as of now, yes. Well..yes for the person I'm with. I wish I could have found a way to go to college right out of high school. Right now, who knows when I'll be going. :(

core_17 said:
Well, I'm still young yet...but as of now, yes. Well..yes for the person I'm with. I wish I could have found a way to go to college right out of high school. Right now, who knows when I'll be going. :(

Hey - you are still young so don't worry. Ive taught students at College who were in their 60's! And I fully intend to go back to Uni one day soon.
Things happen when the time is right so don't sweat it :wink:

I wouldn't have waited to go to college for 10 years. That's for sure. Job is stressful but I love it. Aside from that, there are a few things I'd change.

I'd still be with same man, I'd still be studying...so nothing would be different I think :scratch:

What a tough question.

I went to college for a year right out of high school, then went to work in the insurance industry and have been slowly working on completing my college degree. I don't think I would change that. I feel I am learning more going back to school as an adult, and I've learned a lot about time managmement while working, going to school and caring for two young sons.

As for the relationships part, I wish I had learned earlier to not stay with someone that doesn't truly love you or respect you. I could have saved a lot in legal fees ;)

But, when I look back at my life there isn't anything I would change. I am happy where I am in life, and feel that at age 25 I have a lot of years ahead of me to hopefully better myself and help my community. And certainly, if I changed anything I wouldn't have my terrific sons, and life without them is not imaginable.

core_17 said:

It's amazing the programs they have for returning adult students. I've gone to a variety and the one I liked best was weekend college. One weekend every other week and classes were just on one day. So, 2 Saturdays a month was all I went! Right now I go evenings and it's hard but worth it. If you start slowly you might be surprised at how easy it can fit into your schedule!

ferny said:
AlisonS said:
at age 25
You're 25? I always pictured you in the 30-40 range. No offence intended there. :?

It's okay Ferny, you're not the first to say that.
See MD, now you're off the hook :lol:

I've gotten that my whole life, and yet I look about 18. In my line of work I do mostly phone contact with the agents (I'm a life insurance underwriter) and so when they meet me I always get that same look of confusion. People tend to have a hard time believing I am the owner of my photo studio as well, but they get over it :lol:

My first son was born when I was 20 and I was often confused for an older sister or a teenage Mom :)

ferny said:
AlisonS said:
at age 25
You're 25? I always pictured you in the 30-40 range. No offence intended there. :?

Ferny gets a lump of coal fer christmas from ali :wink:

If i had the chance I would have swam the other way about 32 years ago :lol: but no i had to be the good swimmer and get hatched.

Seriously I might have gone a different route in college. maybe a degree that guarenteed me a job when i got out instead of getting my BFA, i mean hell i could have mastered art on my own- i figure through practice, but NNNNoooooooo i had to go after something I was good at...ugh I should have gone into CGI graphics or the like or even film directing. :roll: ah the woulda-coulda scenerio.

So, what is your job now...something in a library, right?

AlisonS said:
So, what is your job now...something in a library, right?

Yep. I'm the Circulation Manager at the University of Mississippi's Main Library. I run the front lines and have more students working for me than anybody else on campus and I HATE IT! :lol: Prior to this I managed a independent cult Video shop/ toy store on the Square in Oxford for many years. It was cool but this job offered more money and actual benefits outside of free rentals...now that i look back at it i think i blow the difference in pay on movie rentals. :lol:

I still consider myself an artist as an occupation though and a librarian to make the bills. :wink:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back