If you were a rich man, yada yada yada yaaa

If I win USD30 Million:

-5 million to charity
-5 Million to immediate family.
-10 Million goes to a high yeilding savings account.
-1 Million for some minor shopping ;):
*Camera equipment- M6TTL, M7, a bunch of leica glasses.
*Autos: Mercedes S Class, Porsche, X5 and a Range Rover (for starters) and whatever.

-An undisclosed figure will go to the PayPal button at the bottom of this page. ;)
-9 Million goes to investing in a "waste land" by some lake. Clear it up, build a handful of upper middle class houses, sell them instantly.
-Replay the real estate game with the money yeilded from the lake houses = much more millions than the initial prize money.
-Built a house by the lake for myself + home studio.
-Eventually a house on a private island.
-Will promote mobile healthcare clinics in rural India. Strictly a non-profit endeavour.
-If I still have the inclination, stick with real estate.

All the while take pictures! :)

The is a scene in the movie "The Shining" where the kid is riding a big wheel through the hallls. I would have a place big enough to do that and my own custom big wheel.

steve817 said:
The is a scene in the movie "The Shining" where the kid is riding a big wheel through the hallls. I would have a place big enough to do that and my own custom big wheel.

but would you have the two little dead girls at the end of the hall?

md

I would buy a ranch out here in Texas(a VERY big ranch)
Then I would figure out what to do from there..... I can't think that far ahead... haha :oops: :D

MDowdey said:
steve817 said:

but would you have the two little dead girls at the end of the hall?

md

What can I say, you gotta take the bad with the good.

Id give like 1 mill to tpf, 10 thou to all the top members and mods, and then 5 mil to charity or so, and then spread some round my family, and keep the rest...

I could spend over a million in about 10 minutes in a good book shop. Then there are the CD's and DVD's..... not to mention all those women of easy, but expensive, virtue.
30 million might not be enough. I need more!

Id start off by spliting the money with my father, 50/50.

Then I'd give 10% to my church, probably the head of it since $1.5 mill for a small town church is probably more than what they would know what to do with.

Id put 10% in a savings account to have to play with.

Then Id put the remaining 80% in the bank locked in for a year or so, to make better plans what to do with it. Even if I saved 5 million, the 5% interest off of that would be $250,000 a year which is much more than enough to live off of.

I like dana's idea for the waterfront property idea, good way to boost the money. I was thinking of buying land around Ottawa which may be a good investment since Ottawa is expanding. It may take 20 years though before they get to the area Id buy land in. Ontario is full of lakes so it wont be hard to find places to buy that has water front.

I would probably not use the money to buy stuff, since a loan from the bank should be lower interest than what the bank pays you for your investment if you put the money in the right area, but it might just be a 1% difference. But thats 1% I would be making a year extra.

A nice house, I like the idea of the all oak house, maybe a cabin theme. :0)

I would probably buy a Canon 1Ds Mark II right away for a main camera, and a Canon 1Ds or 20d for a backup. Some nice duplicate L series lenses. The 2nd set for a backup. A nice wide angle one, 50mm one, 100mm zoom, 200mm zoom and maybe a really nice 300 to 500mm one's but im not sure about those, I dont want to lug around a huge lense. Then more photo gear to play with. I know the gear doesnt make the photographer, but it can make it easier to get a shot. :0) Then I may play with medium and large format photography.

Then a very nice computer to go with the cameras. I can only imagine my pc trying to open up alot of 17mp files, it takes long enough opening 20 3.2mp files.

And I would probably setup a charity thing, giving money where its needed. Trips to Africa would be fun. Could help people out and its a great photo opportunity as well. :0) But I would probably do most of the charity stuff in north america.

And theres alot of other possabilities as well. :0)

I hear alot of people that win the lottery are in dept in 5 to 10 years later or less. They buy a huge house, sports cars, etc. Then when its time for insurrance and property tax, etc, they are broke.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back