What's new

If you were spending a week in Japan, what gear would you bring?

Michiyo-Fir

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 30, 2009
Messages
190
Reaction score
5
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hypothetically if you could choose any lenses to use in Japan for a vacation. What would you bring and what would you shoot?



The goal is to bring as little equipment as possible.
 
I'd choose a Nikon P7000 or a Canon G12. I'd shoot scenery and people.
 
Canon 7D
Canon 10-22
Canon 24-70
Canon 70-300
Canon 50 1.4
Tripod

I'd shoot some night cityscapes, day landscapes, urban abstracts, street and people and pretty much anything that grabs my attention
 
I spent a week in Japan last summer--I brought my Nikon D700, with a 24-70mm 2.8, a 16mm 2.8 fisheye, and a 50mm 1.4.
 
I live in japan (tokyo) and have for 8 years.

The problem here is that there is too much to shoot. I have a hard time planning what to shoot as I start something then get distracted shooting something else.

Bring whatever camera that will allow you lots of storage or get a big sd card -- is my best advice as you will likely be taking lots of photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom