If you're familiar with NYC locations...

vd853

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I'm looking for good *FREE* locations in NY to take pictures, especially rooftops that I can get into for free or with careful discretion.

I grew up in NY, so please help me find obscure places that I probably have never been to, not the obvious Central Park, Empire State, Museum of NH, seaports, etc. Thanks.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took from the Thanks Giving Day parade. Didn't really get a good spot, but here you go.

i laughed at your flickr page, you do the same thing as me, always take the wrong lens to the party :). The pictures aren't bad, but i see youre lke trying to zoom out on some but cant

that is exactly what happen! as you can see, I only own two lens, and was too lazy to switch to my 50mm, which probably won't make my pictures come out any better. I was in back of the crowd, and I don't have that much practice with taking pictures with camera over my head.:thumbdown:

that is exactly what happen! as you can see, I only own two lens, and was too lazy to switch to my 50mm, which probably won't make my pictures come out any better. I was in back of the crowd, and I don't have that much practice with taking pictures with camera over my head.:thumbdown:
ahahha dw, at least you seem to get some good shots of people, i didnt recognize any of htem :blushing:, might be famous peepz i just don't know, but still, it can be good and bad to have a telephoto lens, i always seem to take it out at a bad time

btw i <3 my new avatar

Jimmy Fallon was obvious, everyone else, I had no idea.

4137835816_f8516480cc_b.jpg

Hi, I'm looking for good *FREE* locations in NY to take pictures, especially rooftops that I can get into for free or with careful discretion.

I grew up in NY, so please help me find obscure places that I probably have never been to, not the obvious Central Park, Empire State, Museum of NH, seaports, etc. Thanks.

On a side note, here are some pictures I took from the Thanks Giving Day parade. Didn't really get a good spot, but here you go.
Which burrough(s) or neiborhoods do you want to shoot?

Roosevelt Island is kind of a cool place to walk around and shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back