If you're so clever.....

Without clicking and using my enormous brain, that first one is an IQ test right? I've never taken one. I've always looked at them as a complete waste of time. They don't tell you how smart you are. Just how well you performed during that test.

Put it this way, who would you rather arrived in an ambulance to help you. The guy who got a crap score but has been trained to help you and who has years of experience, or the 15 year old who is in the top 2% of the country?

I always get bored on those after first questions. :oops:

in the second puzzle of the mensa category, 'ins' isn't a legitimate 3 letter word. neener neener! :shock:

but here's my knowledge for today...isn't mensa a constellation only found in the southern hemisphere?

Ha ha! No way that can be right...

We are confirming that your IQ Test score was: 132

intelligence Interval Cognitive Designation
40 - 55 Mentally disabled (Less than 1% of test takers)
55 - 70 Learning difficulty (2.3% of test takers)
70 - 85 Below average
85 - 115 Average (68% of test takers)
115 - 130 Gifted
130 - 145 Genius (2.3% of test takers)
145 - 160 Extraordinary genius (Less than 1% of test takers)
160+ "Unmeasurable" genius

I ain't no genius! But is says I am! Ha ha...cool.

Sis munce ago i culdnt speel injuneer, now i is one. :lol:

i'm with Ferny, IQ tests are a waste of time.

Afraid I have to put my hand up here. I took the proper supervised MENSA test some years ago and got a verified score of 160. Personally I think I'm just good at head games. :roll:
When I was at Uni doing my post-grad teacher training they got us to take an IQ test. It supported the MENSA test so it was nice to have professors who were in awe of me (I'd got their second highest score - beating all of them! :mrgreen:).
I did belong to MENSA for a while but found it full of posers and idiots. The magazine had a 'questions' section. One question read: 'I buy new tyres for my car. After a while the tyres wear out. Where does the rubber go?' Well d'uh! I put that question to a class of 12 year olds in an inner-city school - they had no trouble working it out.
IQ tests do have a certain validity - but they have to be seen in conjunction with other factors. A high IQ means nothing: It's how you use your intelligence (and knowledge) that matters.
OK now it's back to the rude comments and spamming :LOL:

i was invited to join Mensa a while back when i was at art college and i kept correcting this lad's answers who was desperate to join... but i too have decided that the only people who want to be in Mensa, are the people who want to think they're better than everyone else, and i don't so i'm not gonna join.
...and to quote a famous bloke with a moustache, "I wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me!" :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back