Ilford Pan?

Don Simon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering where/whether Ilford PAN 100 or PAN 400 is available in the UK? I used it while learning photography at college and while I've sinced tried HP5+ and various other B&W films, I think I still prefer the results I got using PAN 100. I can't seem to find it in shops or online, and since Ilford PAN FP+ and Ilford Delta are widely available I should point out that the name was definitely just "Ilford PAN 100". I'm starying to wonder whether the film was found to cause leprosy, promptly withdrawn from the market and dumped at the bottom of the sea, since I can't seem to find any evidence of it existing except for my one empty box. Please help reunite a man and his film!

Hello again dude,

I think you can buy it from Jessops. It's certainly available in 50, I don't recall seeing it in 100 over here recenty, so maybe it's discon?

Rob

ILFPFP120 ILFORD PAN F PLUS 120 ROLL £1.99 ILFPFP3536 ILFORD PAN F PLUS 35mm 36 EXPOSURE £2.99 ILF@PFP120P1
ILFORD PAN F PLUS 120 ROLL PACK OF 10 £16.99 ILF@PFP3536P
ILFORD PAN F PLUS 35mm 36 EXPOSURE PACK OF 10 £21.99 ILFPFP30M ILFORD PAN F PLUS 30m BULK ROLL £33.99

Pan F 50 should be available everywhere around the globe, PAN 400 (without F) isn't available in every country, dunno why, in Austria I can't buy it, in Poland I can. I liked the results even though it is the cheapest film from Ilford.
Ilford says:

"DESCRIPTION The ILFORD range of PAN100 and PAN 400 black and white camera films are not generally distributed and sold worldwide, they are only made available in selected markets."

Think I've found it here ('Firstcall'); they also say it's "not generally distributed and sold worldwide", but apparently "By utilising our worldwide connections we have managed to source a supply of high quality Ilford black and white film not normally available in the U.K"... which makes it sound like you have to buy this stuff from a former KGB agent in an abandoned warehouse with a suitcase full of cash... now I'm even more curious. I think I'll contact Ilford, hopefully they won't tell me I know too much already and they know where I live...

Seriously though, I really can't understand why they wouldn't want to sell it here. The only thing I can think is that it's very good value and they'd rather make money off the more expensive ranges.

Most reactions

Back