Ilford SFX 200

I hear and I am no expert that technically you need a fill flash for the shadows under her eyes. Visually I think it goes well with the picture. It sets the mood for me. I like it and the shadows.

Matt: had a look at the horizontal crop you suggested. very nice indeed. I'll repost after a second edit.

Her underside?

Sheesh. Give me a break. And save a few tears to shed when I start shooting nudes.

And the word is risqué
Thanks for the spell check Max. Perhaps you misunderstood my question though. "What side of her were you trying to capture?" was directed at her pose. Not being critical...just asking what theme you were going for.

As for your impertinent comments on most everyone including myself...are you really this uptight about your hobbies? I mean honestly, Id hope people take a grain of salt with your little care for peoples esteem. Maybe you should also take a grain of salt with peoples judgments. Lashing out at me for instance because I have not seen Mapplethorpe's photos shows just how immature you really can be. I mean give me a break. It's too bad we can't all be as great as you...but for the sake of us rookies coming up in the world of photography keep your comments at a respectful tone.

Thanks for the spell check Max. Perhaps you misunderstood my question though. "What side of her were you trying to capture?" was directed at her pose. Not being critical...just asking what theme you were going for.

As for your impertinent comments on most everyone including myself...are you really this uptight about your hobbies? I mean honestly, Id hope people take a grain of salt with your little care for peoples esteem. Maybe you should also take a grain of salt with peoples judgments. Lashing out at me for instance because I have not seen Mapplethorpe's photos shows just how immature you really can be. I mean give me a break. It's too bad we can't all be as great as you...but for the sake of us rookies coming up in the world of photography keep your comments at a respectful tone.

What I said to you had absolutely nothing to do with your skill level. Perhaps I should have spelled it out the first time. I was using Mapplethorpe as a microcosm. What I meant was, given photography's tradition of nudes, semi nudes, pinups, etc, I found it very strange that you would consider such a photograph to be risqué. I didn't even respond to the question you asked.

Most reactions

Back